Eric Atreides

Moonlight l A24 l Plan B l October 21, 2016 l Academy Award Best Picture

800px-Moonlight-Web_72dpi.jpg

Director: Barry Jenkins

Writer: Barry Jenkins

Producer: Adele Romanski, Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner

Starring: Trevante Rhodes, Andre Holland, Janelle Monae, Ashton Sanders, Jharrel Jerome, Naomie Harris, Mahershala Ali

Synopsis: Set in 1980s War on Drugs era Miami, Moonlight focuses on three different time periods of a man named Chiron, as he battles a rough home life and his dawning sexuality.

Yep, I'm stanning for this. Looks absolutely breathtaking.

• Like 8

Looks fantastic, as all A24 films tend to. Will this be the #OscarsSoWhite killer that The Birth Of A Nation was supposed to be (alongside Loving)?

I think it'll be Fences. It's based off of a Pulitzer winner, and it has Denzel and Viola. I do think Moonlight and Loving will get BP noms though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A from The Playlist: http://theplaylist.net/magnificent-moonlight-chronicles-journey-black-gay-man-america-telluride-review-20160903/

Like “Brokeback Mountain” a decade ago, “Moonlight” is a piece of art that will transform lives long after it leaves theaters. Those who will be changed by the picture may not see it on the big screen. They may even have to see it in secret. But when they do. Whey they watch Chiron

Spoiler

have that first kiss, when he can be himself for just an instance in a world that oppresses him?

It will be everything. 

were-not-worthy.gif?w=300

• Like 3

On September 2, 2016 at 7:21 AM, Alpha said:

This looks absolutely amazing.

I also like that whoever cut the trailer didn't just put a hip hop soundtrack over it because they thought it was a "black movie."

this probably wont appeal to most black audiences. its very indie. and niche.