Eric Atreides

Moonlight l A24 l Plan B l October 21, 2016 l Academy Award Best Picture

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

Feels like it's ripe for some sort of re-release (or expansion, if it's still in a few theaters). My lord, they need to milk this notoriety for all they can get.

it's already on demand. Maybe there will be a re-expansion though. 

• Like 1

I'm so glad and cheerful for its win. It's not so much about deserving but the acknowledgement of its shimmery excellence and Barry Jenkins personal voice crafting a simmering visual poem that stuns like a bang. An author is born. I'm looking forward to his next follow-ups. 

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 6

Really enjoyed this.

The last guy was stunning. I loved how each actor managed to convey the characters traits all throughout the film. Very impressive.

Please tell me this is expanding again? I'd like a neat and tidy $30m+.

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

You'll be happy, @Krissykins.

That's actually a wider post-Oscar launch than 12 Years a Slave, Birdman and Spotlight received and all of those movies were out on DVD too. Granted, Moonlight is by far the lowest grossing of all these movies so it stands the most ground to gain, not to mention they want to capitalize on the crazy manner in which it won.

• Like 1

Saw this back in November. It's a deserving winner though I'll admit I had issues. Naomie Harris....come back to us. Every time she showed up to chew the scenery, I cringed. Same level of embarrassing as her NOO YAWK Miami Vice deal. On the plus side, that third act is really terrific.