Box Office Hit

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul | May 19th, 2017 | FOX | RT Score Over Suicide Squad?

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

Jesus Christ I feel bad for the kid they cast as Rodrick. Teens on social media are going crazy about him and calling him ugly. Search the #notmyRodrick thing on twitter.  I think he even deleted his instagram 

lmao calm the fuck down.  This is a goddamn wimpy kid movie.

Seriously those series are soooo lazy.

You literally have the same thing for 10 books.

You may give a laugh or two but it becomes so annoying from a point on.

I enjoyed the first 2 books but I cant think why they should have done more than 3 or 4 If the author didnt have enough ideas.

The whole thing just becomes too wimpy to handle for anyone over 12.

• Community Manager

Yikes at that RT score. What was FOX thinking though?

When was the last time a road trip movie did well either with critics or the box office? Why "reboot" the seried with a new cast on a practically dead sub-genre?

The Long Haul posters with Greg doing a superhero pose...good idea or bad idea? Has nothing to do with the actual film.

Fans also seem to not like the new cast. If so the movie might really struggle to launch. Death knell to the series? Then again these movies with preteen boy protagonists seem to be pretty cheap.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Morieris said:

The only reason I care about this movie is because there's a fair chance we can get a new Captain Underpants trailer in front of it.

17% is actually exceeding my expectations. 

17% on Monday probaly means like 5% on Friday. :P

I was secretly rooting for the movie too. Ah well.

On 3/27/2017 at 1:58 PM, ban1o said:

Jesus Christ I feel bad for the kid they cast as Rodrick. Teens on social media are going crazy about him and calling him ugly. Search the #notmyRodrick thing on twitter.  I think he even deleted his instagram 

We need to get out of our baby food culture, I swear to god.

It was baffling then and even more baffling now that this movie, of all things, was the launching pad for a hate campaign from a group of folks who obviously wouldn't be caught dead watching something like this in the first place. Clowns have no shame smh.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

I’ll sadly admit to having partaken in some of the #notmyRoderick. Now, I definitely didn’t spew any of the vitriol that I saw some doing on the internet (plus I was a teenager and stupid). But it really goes to show that none of this is ever the actor’s fault. They take the fall, and it really really sucks. I hope the guy is doing well. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 3:53 PM, filmlover said:

It was baffling then and even more baffling now that this movie, of all things, was the launching pad for a hate campaign from a group of folks who obviously wouldn't be caught dead watching something like this in the first place. Clowns have no shame smh.

what is mausing is some of these same people go crazy over every stray CBM to come along.....