jb007

Thursday - SS 8.2 JB 2.24 BM 2.17

Remember yesterday when I said if people have no interest in a movie they're not going to go see it regardless of what else is playing? I stand by that. Suicide Squad had SP previews to contend with. However if people don't want to see SP that doesn't mean they're just going to roll on up to the theater just to watch another film. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

At the very least it should avoid the 70% drop many figured it was headed for.

70% would have been hard given that there was a big drop on Saturday compared to OW Friday.

Edited by jb007

8.3 would be a 15% drop. I am going with a 43M (-67.8%) 2nd weekend (~222M cume)

12.05(+45%) + 16.25(+35%) + 11.70(-28%) = ~40M [low-end] -70%

12.45(+50%) + 17.10(+37.5%) + 12.50(-27%) = ~42M [middle-end] -68.5%

12.85(+55%) + 18.00(+40%) + 13.30(-26%) = ~44M [high-end] -67%

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 6

If it follows MI5 or TMNT or any number of other August films it'll do at least 75% today. Gotg is not the right film to compare it to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

If it follows MI5 or TMNT or any number of other August films it'll do at least 75% today. Gotg is not the right film to compare it to.

Why wouldn't it be? It's followed very closely with its weekday drops thus far give or take a percentage here and there but for the most part they've been holding very similarly. 

• Like 2