Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Oh Tele, you need to get in touch with your immature young man side. It's been centuries. :lol:

I saw it yesterday with a friend in a theater filled mostly of college-aged males who were DYING the whole time. Seth Rogen had to have been dropped on his head when he was little.

I'm hard-pressed to think of a movie I'm less interested in. Heh. 

• Like 2

If anything at least Sausage Party goes to show that it's still possible to get young males to the theaters to see a movie targeting them that isn't brand-based. There have been so many flops and underperformers (Dirty Grandpa, The Brothers Grimsby, Hardcore Henry, Keanu, Popstar) this year that seeing one that targets the demographic Hollywood still considers the most important one (for whatever reason) do well must provide some kind of relief.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Oh Tele, you need to get in touch with your immature young man side. It's been centuries. :lol:

I saw it yesterday with a friend in a theater filled mostly of college-aged males who were DYING the whole time. Seth Rogen had to have been dropped on his head when he was little.

Based on his successful career, Seth Rogen is crazy...crazy like a fox.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

And Ben-Hur right now has them until Sully which makes me believe in several scenarios: Ben-Hur actually keeps them that long (Transporter Refueled kept them for 2 weeks despite tanking), Suicide Squad takes them back on August 26 (even though the movie is doing only ok business in the format), Lionsgate announces a release in both formats for Mechanic: Resurrection (it depends on how much Lionsgate is willing to spend on IMAX copies and if the copy available online gains traction or not) or/and FOX announces Morgan to get them on Labor Day weekend (unlikely since several OS markets already cancelled his release which means FOX doesn't care), an older movie gets re-released in the formats (Dory, Pets, Civil War, Beyond, BvS UC, etc, take your pick).

Yeah I can see a movie returning to IMAX over Labor Day.

• Like 1

What are the chances Disney does a Dory/Civil War double feature over Labor Day weekend. It used to be so common that they would re-release movies as double features on that weekend (they did it with Dinosaur/Gone in 60 Seconds in 2000, Pearl Harbor/Atlantis in 2001).

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

SP legs will be lousy. 2.5x or less. 

Yup, you are making the same mistake that you did with Pets. Blind hate. Tell me the last original R comedy hit to have a multiplier lower than 3.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What are the chances Disney does a Dory/Civil War double feature over Labor Day weekend. It used to be so common that they would re-release movies as double features on that weekend (they did it with Dinosaur/Gone in 60 Seconds in 2000, Pearl Harbor/Atlantis in 2001).

Paramount did it in 2013. It was the last time I saw a studio doing that.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Considering I have an CA3 over IM3 bet, can only hope! :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatOneSausage said:

Wasn't it with WWZ and STID

Yes. It was their 2nd attempt to get WWZ over 200M (after releasing the IMAX version in early August).

4 hours ago, MinaTakla said:

THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS makes an estimated $8.84M sixth weekend, down a light 23.1%, for $335.94M to date.

2013 DM2 WEEKEND #6 [final dom: $368,061,265]

Aug 9–11  9 $5,915,650 -41.6% 2,395 -812 $2,470 $338,481,845  6

2016 SLOP WEEKEND #6 [final dom: $365-375M ?]

Aug 12–14 6 $8,840,000 -23.1% 2,958 -459 $2,989 $335,942,075   6

:redcapes:

frankly, looks like a mathematical certainty.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BenedictL11 said:

Why are you only predicting $90M for Bad Moms? It will make it to that mark in 2 weeks. In fact, it will make it to $100M by the end of August. After all, it slipped only 18.4%. Competition for it is weak for the rest of the month. 

Also, there's no way that Sausage party will finish more than Bad Moms with weaker WOM. #ByeFelicia

I mess up with projections. But $100 million should happen to both Bad Moms and Sausage Party. Moms should do it by Labor Day. Sausage Party should do it in midSeptember. 

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Animated is key. TEAM AMERICA got a sub-3x, and that was years ago. 

TEAM AMERICA was also a fantastic movie.

AMERICA FUCK YEAH!

• Like 2