Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sausage Party made as much in one weekend as Team America did in its entire run so that argument is null and void.

When talking about legs, why does a larger OW matter? If anything, it opens up the possibility that Sausage Party was more frontloaded?

• Like 2

Just now, Water Bottle said:

When talking about legs, why does a larger OW matter? If anything, it opens up the possibility that Sausage Party was more frontloaded?

You could make frontloaded arguments if Sausage Party had seen a Suicide Squad-esque fall and not increased on Saturday minus the Thursday pre-showings.

Just now, ThatOneSausage said:

Sony will get it over 100M either way

I'm getting slightly tired of "the studio will get over that number" assumption. For every Spectre, there are plenty of films that have fallen between 90-100 or 190-200. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

I mess up with projections. But $100 million should happen to both Bad Moms and Sausage Party. Moms should do it by Labor Day. Sausage Party should do it in midSeptember. 

Sorry about that. Thanks for your clarification. Hope the rest of your weekend and week is awesome. :)

2 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I'm getting slightly tired of "the studio will get over that number" assumption. For every Spectre, there are plenty of films that have fallen between 90-100 or 190-200. 

There are 4 movies that landed exactly at the 200M mark (Godzilla, Superman Returns, Tangled, Spectre).  There are 0 that landed at the 199M mark.

There are 22 movies that landed exactly at the 100M mark (Contact, Charlie's Angels 2, Pelican Brief, Vanilla Sky, Due Date, Rugrats Movie, Million Dollar Baby, Airport, Jumanji, Step Brothers, Evan Almighty, Casper, Shakespeare in Love, Bad Teacher, Yogi Bear, Cowboys and Aliens, Edge of Tomorrow, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Seven, Parenthood, Zohan, and Die Hard 3).  Notice how 5 of those are Sony products, with all of those 5 being comedies.  Only 2 landed at exactly the 99M mark (Hercules and Gnomeo and Juliet).

I explicitly stated the film would easily get a 3x.  That would lead it to 99M, which is so close to 100M, I just can't see a situation in which Sony doesn't fudge it over.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThatOneSausage said:

I explicitly stated the film would easily get a 3x.  That would lead it to 99M, which is so close to 100M, I just can't see a situation in which Sony doesn't fudge it over.

And it might not get a 3x.

After BAD MOMS and SP, 7 films (or more)

1. DS

2. FB

3. MOANA

4. SING

5. ROGUE ONE

6. MAG 7

7+. ACCOUNTANT?, PASSENGERS?, maybe a couple surprise leggy 100m movies like STORKS?

will push IDR (currently #17) out of top 25 yearly dom. That is unreal. One of the major disappointments.

Can't believe I had it at everywhere from above 200 to above BVS (330) at various periods. :blush:

• Community Manager
18 minutes ago, ThatOneSausage said:

Sausage Party will hit a 3x easy.  Sony will get it over 100M either way, even if it means a late-run re-release à la This is the End.

Easy? It's WOM hasn't exactly been stellar.

• Like 1