Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

Sausage Party doing well is great news in general also for animation. Willing to bet we'll see more adult-oriented animation, even if it is still comedy. Hopefully some of the big TV names start pitching ideas because their chances just got a whole lot better.

If a movie with TOXIC WOM from DC does 1.9x of legs and a movie with "GREAT WOM" from marvel does 2.27X of legs, I imagine a movie with toxic WOM from marvel. 1.7x of legs?
179m / 304m?

Even Avengers 2 with positive reviews fell 8% on OW from Avengers 1... It would be because it was not acclaimed by critics like the first?? Very prob.
Marvel is so dependent from critics so?? LMFAO :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 minutes ago, Goffe said:

It's successful in the sense that it will bring tons of profit for Disney, but it is not that successful in the sense that it dropped 50 million from AoU (which already dropped almost 170m from TA) despite near perfect reception. And all these films were kindly received by audiences, imagine when they actually produce a bad movie.

Don't get me wrong, the MCU is still is a great place, box office wise, but CW performance should signal a red light. 

We will find out if Cap 3 was really seen as an Avengers movie when the next Avengers movie comes out.   It will have to make less than CW for the theory to be true.   If it makes more than CW, those claiming Cap 3 was "Avengers 3" will have some explaining to do.

• Like 3

• Community Manager
10 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

In that case, I'm willing to extend the bet to those who can't afford it as much to $1k and I'll even give a 10:1 odds plus Green Tomato stipulations. Good deal. Risk 1k for possibly enough money to buy an okay used car? 

I'm going to stop you right now. It is illegal for people to gamble using real money on box office results. Any attempt from this post will be met with an immediate one ban suspension.

If you want to make a bet, why not bet that if you are wrong, you'll donate $100k to this site? 

6 minutes ago, RichWS said:

UGH. Some of you have NO IDEA how unappealing these threads can be when these movies are out.  

They also happen to be the biggest threads. :qotd:

Meaning they're far more popular than most other weekend threads. :redcapes:

15 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

You know, I believe CW had great WOM. Suicide Squad has mixed. Both were successful. The low multis are due to nature of the movies and extreme front-loading. Ant-Man can have a larger multi as it acts as a movie with less anticipation and is basically a children's film requiring family participation.

Nice try.

Avengers 2 = 2.4x of legs.

Iron man 3 = 2.35x of legs.

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

1.1 billion is low for a semi-Avengers movie.

2.2x is poor legs for a critically acclaimed semi-Avengers movie.

I love Marvel but these are just facts.

Like you said, it was a semi-Avengers movie. First of its kind and a billion plus dollars is very impressive regardless of what the previous full Avengers movies in title and content did before it. Speaking of which, the first two Avengers movies had the team of superheroes overcome their differences, defeat the bad guy and save the world. Things were ended on a high note. In Captain America: Civil War, the Avengers didn't get past their differences to beat the bad guy, they succumbed to them. It was Black Panther who had to defeat the bad guy in their place because the de facto leaders of the Avengers were too busy beating the shit out of each other and damning the Avengers into utter chaos. The movie ends with Rhodey crippled, Vision depressed, Stark almost completely alone (no Pepper, no Avengers) and the rest of the Avengers and Ant-man on the run as wanted fugitives with a final scene of Bucky going back on ice as he can't trust he won't used again like he was by Zemo. Ending movies on such a dour note would make for less repeat viewings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm going to stop you right now. It is illegal for people to gamble using real money on box office results. Any attempt from this post will be met with an immediate one ban suspension.

If you want to make a bet, why not bet that if you are wrong, you'll donate $100k to this site? 

Now that's a fun bet! I'm willing to bet that if WW and Justice League both have Green Tomatoes, Justice League will still have a 100m+ opening. Loser donates $100k to the site!

Is that okay?

8 minutes ago, Goffe said:

It's successful in the sense that it will bring tons of profit for Disney, but it is not that successful in the sense that it dropped 50 million from AoU (which already dropped almost 170m from TA) despite near perfect reception. And all these films were kindly received by audiences, imagine when they actually produce a bad movie.

Don't get me wrong, the MCU is still is a great place, box office wise, but CW performance should signal a red light. 

Don't you mean a yellow light?

Even a fatigued MCU is one of the biggest franchises out there.

• Like 1

Just now, UrosepsisFace said:

Now that's a fun bet! I'm willing to bet that if WW and Justice League both have Green Tomatoes, Justice League will still have a 100m+ opening. Loser donates $100k to the site!

Is that okay?

100k pesos??? :kitschjob:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Is that okay?

You have a death wish.

• Like 1

The fatigue argumet is so flawed.

It goes by the assumption that the big marvel movies must do Avengers numbers ?

Give me a freaking break, please.

No franchise stays flat after hitting a peak, why the MCU should ?

• Like 4