Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

I'm so glad theres not gonna be any more SH/DC crap till next spring.   Don't get me wrong, watching a major CBU implode in slow motion is morbidly fascinating and fun, but it has brought out some of the most petulant babies I've seen here in a long time.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, lupinw45 said:

DCEU's first three movies blow pasts MCU. Plus, the first two (MOS and BVS) made more than 200 million profit. I think they're doing just fine.

When is BKB going to change his name? Suicide Squad has already surpassed The Incredible Hulk in box office. And it'll surpass most Marvel movies domestically. :D

DCCU first movie with their three biggest heroes made 700 million less than MCU's first team up movie. Your DCCU is DOA, and it's only going to get worst. DCCU was NEVER a threat.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

DCCU first movie with their three biggest heroes made 700 million less than MCU's first team up movie. Your DCCU is DOA, and it's only going to get worst. DCCU was NEVER a threat.

haha, Suicide Squad is composed of mainly obscure characters. And it's already going to surpass Winter Soldier. DCEU first three films will surpass 2 billion world wide and it's only in  it's 3rd film. :jeb!:

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Sausage Party doing well is great news in general also for animation. Willing to bet we'll see more adult-oriented animation, even if it is still comedy. Hopefully some of the big TV names start pitching ideas because their chances just got a whole lot better.

I feel Sausage Party is more of an "exception that proves the rule."  I don't feel much changed after South Park's movie did well at the box office many years ago.  I still think executives at the studios will be very reluctant to green light R-rated animated films no matter what, when in their minds, their thinking goes along the lines of, "Why should we green light an animated film that will cater only to a niche audience without much merchandise potential, when movies like Toy Story and Minions make billions?"  And that same line of thinking goes to the shareholder mindset as well.  Animation can take a very long time to make, so any R-rated animated movie is going to be risky if it takes two or more years to get an idea from the script to the finished movie.

Edited by Outrageous!

Well saw Dragon this afternoon, the theater was pretty crowded. Film was pretty good also. (on another note I've seen Moana's trailer at 3 films already-Dory, Pets and now Dragon, interesting enough I have never seen Sing's trailer at anything.)

1 minute ago, lupinw45 said:

haha, Suicide Squad is composed of mainly obscure characters. And it's already going to surpass Winter Soldier. DCEU first three films will surpass 2 billion world wide and it's only in  it's 3rd film. :jeb!:

Huh, which is odd because marketing mostly centered around a villain who's last live action movie appearance did a billion dollars (and won an actor an Oscar) followed by his girlfriend that's basically DC's Deadpool in terms of a big numbered hardcore cult fandom thanks to appearances on cartoons and video games over the decades.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lupinw45 said:

It will BARELY pass it domestic. And won't come close to it ww. Get a clue. The DCCU is running a sprint, when MCU is already miles in front.

fanboys be like: WB is happy with BvS.. it made a profit.. thats all they care about..

thats why they went crazy with SS.. got involved with the movie..  its obvious now that they arent happy at all with how its going atm..

Just now, FilmBuff said:

It will BARELY pass it domestic. And won't come close to it ww. Get a clue. The DCCU is running a sprint, when MCU is already miles in front.

It'll come close to MOS, which did more than WS and pretty much all MCU movies. And SS wasn't even released in China, and it's breaking records OS. Deal with it. :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RRA said:

Huh, which is odd because marketing mostly centered around a villain who's last live action movie appearance did a billion dollars (and won an actor an Oscar) followed by his girlfriend that's basically DC's Deadpool in terms of a big numbered hardcore cult fandom thanks to appearances on cartoons and video games over the decades.

Joker was marketed in SS, but he wasn't the MAIN focus. The main focus was showing the Squad (Harley, Boomerang, Croc, etc...)

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm so glad theres not gonna be any more SH/DC crap till next spring.   Don't get me wrong, watching a major CBU implode in slow motion is morbidly fascinating and fun, but it has brought out some of the most petulant babies I've seen here in a long time.

Rotten Star Wars has the potential to bring out the kinda meltdowns that'll put anything we've ever seen to shame

At least that'll be new I guess and not the 100th repeat of the same shit

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Rotten Star Wars has the potential to bring out the kinda meltdowns that'll put anything we've ever seen to shame

At least that'll be new I guess and not the 100th repeat of the same shit

What about Rotten Harry Potter (even though the connection is tenuous)?

It'll come close to MOS, which did more than WS and pretty much all MCU movies. And SS wasn't even released in China, and it's breaking records OS. Deal with it. :D

This sort of thinking is why the DCEU so far opens big and mighty and indeed bigger than MCU sometimes...only to have the legs of FDR.

imagine if they had the legs of Usain Bolt? Oh my....

Joker was marketed in SS, but he wasn't the MAIN focus. The main focus was showing the Squad (Harley, Boomerang, Croc, etc...)

Sure, Jan. Sure.

Just now, RRA said:

This sort of thinking is why the DCEU so far opens big and mighty and indeed bigger than MCU sometimes...only to have the legs of FDR.

Bad legs or not, WB is making loads on these films once you take into account placements, merchandise, video sales, etc... up to 200 plus million.

I guess you can say DC characters are more well known than Marvel's, maybe because of all the TV shows and cartoons they have had over the past 3 or so decades.

Just now, filmlover said:

What about Rotten Harry Potter (even though the connection is tenuous)?

Eh I can't imagine Fantastic Beasts inspiring much passion, fans'll just say it needed the classic characters

Star Wars fans, on the other hand, are riding that Force Awakens high

1 minute ago, RRA said:

Oh my god

• Like 1