FlashMaster659

Monday - SS 5.1, SP about 4.4 (Not Asgard) PLEASE READ ANNOUNCEMENT THAT IS POSTED ON PAGE 6, IT IS ALSO PINNED AT TOP OF FORUM

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Seems like the purpose is to create a 'safe space' for DC fans ;)

And a "safe space" for Marvel fans and non-superhero fans and superhero fans who don't give a shit about the Marvel-DC rivalry. BOT has and will always be committed to making people feel welcome to join the community!

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Didn't really care for Suicide Squad, and most of my favorite movies of the year are all red tomatoes on that site, but Rotten Tomatoes still sucks!

I'm seeing a correlation :ph34r:

jk we all know correlation does not equal causation. 

17 minutes ago, holcs said:

O M GGGGGG. Some of yalls reactions kill me.  Really? get a f'ing grip. Once again this movie opened to 130M.  It really never should've done that, but it did because of the amazing markerting.  This is really a 80 M OW movie disguised as something else.

Good theory.

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Whatever, there are no comic book movies for a few months so forum will die down for a while... 

Nah, it's actually just to keep peeps like you and filmbuff ( who liked your post, shocking) on track and to discuss the numbers instead of just repeating your hatred towards DC and their movies, which sometimes you cleverly disguise.  It's really not that damn hard.  Marvel/DC thread, it's that way, go to it - Have fun. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Whatever, there are no comic book movies for a few months so forum will die down for a while... 

Honestly it's not even about that. I don't even see them defending DC fans. If anything the mods were calling out the posters who continually kept saying the critics have an agenda/bias blah blah and the subsequent responses to those posters. I was one of those who would engage on a daily basis by trying to explain how the critics aren't biased and it actually did get very very very annoying when every single day you'd have posters claim critics bias, this poster is biased and so on.

Then when I'd try to make a box office prediction, I'd get called biased towards Marvel and wanting Suicide Squad to fail even though my predictions were far from that. And another argument would ensue because I'd try to defend myself. 

It was just a toxic environment and it needed to come to an end. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

I'm seeing a correlation :ph34r:

jk we all know correlation does not equal causation. 

Unless you can give me the r^2 value, I don't believe in the "correlation" story you are claiming. By the way, do yourself a favor and watch Train to Busan. 

20 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

This isn't Baumer writing something up on his own. The staff discussed it and I have my approval. Baumer wrote it because I wasn't near a computer at the time. 

When something is signed "The Staff" that's what it means -- it's the collective decision of the staff. 

Again, if you have issues with it, feel free to PM WB and me. 

You're getting Warner Bros involved in this? That's the level we've reached, guys :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, holcs said:

Nah, it's actually just to keep peeps like you and filmbuff ( who liked your post, shocking) on track and to discuss the numbers instead of just repeating your hatred towards DC and their movies, which sometimes you cleverly disguise.  It's really not that damn hard.  Marvel/DC thread, it's that way, go to it - Have fun. 

No we dont hate DC as Nolan's Batman is a favourite Comic book film.

We hate poor adapations of DC properties. 

And Give me a break a discussion of numbers....its like how some daily number is suddenly WOM is not that bad for the film and blah blah blah... 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Unless you can give me the r^2 value, I don't believe in the "correlation" story you are claiming. By the way, do yourself a favor and watch Train to Busan. 

You'll have to give me your ratings of the films and their subsequent RT ratings in order for me to do that calculation 

But I've heard good things about it. I was tracking it in South Korea and it blew up over there. I'm gonna see if a theater near by me is playing it. I'll keep my fingers crossed. If not i guess I'll have to wait till it comes out on Digital/Blu-Ray or DVD. 

Just now, Nova said:

You'll have to give me your ratings of the films and their subsequent RT ratings in order for me to do that calculation 

But I've heard good things about it. I was tracking it in South Korea and it blew up over there. I'm gonna see if a theater near by me is playing it. I'll keep my fingers crossed. If not i guess I'll have to wait till it comes out on Digital/Blu-Ray or DVD. 

Yeah, I'm going to just say I disagree with RT, at least in terms of the percentage scores. The average scores are more to my liking. Everything falls between 5-7, which is usually what I would rank movies that I've seen. Just off the top of my head, very few movies have blown me away in the last several years. Mad Max and The Big Short last year and Whiplash in 2014 maybe. Sing Street so far this year, has been my favorite.

Mad Max: 97% for an 8.6 avg

Sing Street: 97% for an 8.1 avg

Whiplash: 94% for an 8.6 avg

The Big Short: 88% for a 7.8. avg

vs

Jungle Book: 95% for 7.7 avg

Finding Dory: 94% for a 7.7 avg

Captain America CW: 90% for 7.6 avg

I didn't care for Jungle Book, found Finding Dory to be overrated, and loved Civil War for its amazing action and special effects, but didn't care for the story at all. Also, I don't dislike Disney films because I always find them entertaining if a bit overrated, but I felt Zootopia and Inside Out absolutely deserved their praise: both 98% with 8.1 and 8.9. So maybe I do agree with their averages if not their percent.

I still hate how RT is used though. I'm glad the GA don't adhere strictly to it for deciding which movies to watch. I agree with RT in regards to FFJ and PD being better than Sausage Party, but I applaud the BO turnout for SP.

People are welcome to use any movie they think is a decent comp when talking about numbers. They can also make arguments for/against WOM and you're free to counter-argue. We're trying to avoid the constant petty arguments that've been derailing many threads recently. 

• Like 4

You're more than welcome to look at GOTG when comparing SS.  That's a natural film to compare it to.  They both got released at around the same time, both of comic book films and both have built in fan bases.  No one is saying you can't juxtapose them against one another.  But as Tele said, it's all the other incidentals that we are trying to get rid of.

As for you @Lordmandeep, instead of beating your chest and challenging the moderating team, why don't you just understand and accept what we are trying to do here?  Why must you be confrontational?  Where do you think it's going to get you?

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

You're more than welcome to look at GOTG when comparing SS.  That's a natural film to compare it to.  They both got released at around the same time, both of comic book films and both have built in fan bases.  No one is saying you can't juxtapose them against one another.  But as Tele said, it's all the other incidentals that we are trying to get rid of.

As for you @Lordmandeep, instead of beating your chest and challenging the moderating team, why don't you just understand and accept what we are trying to do here?  Why must you be confrontational?  Where do you think it's going to get you?

I am not being confrontational

I just find it odd with BvS and now SS you guys always have to put out all these warnings and all this nonsense lol 

Its sort of a joke really ... 

It is true the numbers threads are always being derailed by petty arguements but all the time we derail arguements going way off topic anyways. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I am not being confrontational

I just find it odd with BvS and now SS you guys always have to put out all these warnings and all this nonsense lol 

Its sort of a joke really ... 

It is true the numbers threads are always being derailed by petty arguements but all the time we derail arguements going way off topic anyways. 

If you have trouble understanding why this needs to be done, then perhaps you are part of the problem.

And you are definitely being confrontational.

• Like 1

Just now, Goffe said:

did you ever stop to think why they do that?

Its simple, the films do well financially but they are terribile and people cant figure that out including the mods :lol:

So everyone has hissyfits 

Honestly I wasn't really following those threads anymore because of the shitshow recently, and I'm glad the mods made that announcement.

Totally supporting this, good move! :hiphiphoray:

May we analyze numbers in a way reminiscent of a more... civilized age :ph34r: 

• Like 2