grim22

Holmes and Watson | Dec 25 2018 | Sony | Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly

Not the funniest trailer of all time, but I chuckled a few times and that's going to be good enough to make this a hit over the holiday season. Not sure what all you highfalutin snobs are hoping for in a Ferrell/Reilly comedy movie. I think some of you were just determined to hate before even seeing it.

100M is going to happen with holiday legs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kitik said:

Not the funniest trailer of all time, but I chuckled a few times and that's going to be good enough to make this a hit over the holiday season. Not sure what all you highfalutin snobs are hoping for in a Ferrell/Reilly comedy movie. I think some of you were just determined to hate before even seeing it.

100M is going to happen with holiday legs.

Maybe we compare them to their previous movies and we come to the conclusion that their schtick looks stale now. I wasn't expecting higher for this, but it still looks bad.

Edited by Jay Beezy

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, Jay Beezy said:

Maybe we compare them to their previous movies and we come to the conclusion that their schtick looks stale now. I wasn't expecting higher for this, but it still looks bad.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, Jay Beezy said:

ANd the competitioin, even with Alita ouf of the fight, is just murderous.

I am betting it won't be as much fun as the late great Gene Wilder's "Sherlock Holmes Smarter Younger Brother".

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

ANd the competitioin, even with Alita ouf of the fight, is just murderous.

I am betting it won't be as much fun as the late great Gene Wilder's "Sherlock Holmes Smarter Younger Brother".

I can't help but be curious now about the PG-13 Deadpool and how that affects it.

Smart move. Let the franchise-and-fanboy-driven movies get their dedicated opening weekend crowds out of the way, and then swoop in and be a second or third choice that families can agree to when they go out for a holiday movie.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:48 PM, Jay Beezy said:

I can't help but be curious now about the PG-13 Deadpool and how that affects it.

Holmes has moved to Christmas Day, but even it had stuck of the 21st PG 13 Deadpool would have had little  affect . Don't know what the hell Fox is trying to do with that,except throwing something up in the pre Christmas season just to preserve their pride.