WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

Starting at 6 to give them a slight edge - that is better than I expected but still not fabulous. I think that's the first I personally have seen an animated show open that early on Thursday. Still thinking it opens just barely second on the list of new releases (SS / SP are just too ahead of everyone else).

Edited by Morieris

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

RT Audience Scores:

Ben Hur: 59%

Kubo: 83%

War Dogs: 78%

That WOM won't be pretty for Ben Hur :jeb!: 

Lol...Audience Score starting below 60% before OD is done.

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

20M is still a possibility for War Dogs. Somewhat weak for Kubo considering shows started at 6 PM. 

Purely anecdotal but Kubo was odd in my city... Started at 600 or 630 and I don't recall seeing many later options. As in, that showtime was the lone showtime.

Kubo gave me a big smile. More good stuff from Laika. But, this one ain't gonna play to a wide audience. Thinking just over/under $50M DOM.

• Like 7

I guess War Dogs should do high teens with that number.  Solid result.  Should have decent WOM at the least.

Kubo is probably en route to a mid teens opening.  Solid for Laika, since it is a film that's dependent on legs.

I could see it being something like:

War Dogs - 18M

Kubo - 15M

Ben-Hur - 11M (just a wild guess until preview numbers are released)

• Like 1

Just now, Morieris said:

Starting at 6 maybe gave them a slight edge - I think that's the first I personally have seen an animated show open that early on Thursday. Still thinking it opens just barely second on the list of new releases (SS / SP are just too ahead of everyone else).

5-6 PM starts have been happening a lot lately: Illumination, DC, Ice Age, TMNT, Pan, and Goosebumps to name a few

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Purely anecdotal but Kubo was odd in my city... Started at 600 or 630 and I don't recall seeing many later options. As in, that showtime was the lone showtime.

Kubo gave me a big smile. More good stuff from Laika. But, this one ain't gonna play to a wide audience. Thinking just over/under $50M DOM.

Same happened at my theater

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

5-6 PM starts have been happening a lot lately: Illumination, DC, Ice Age, TMNT, Pan, and Goosebumps to name a few

I must really not be paying attention, wow. Let me see how well that worked out for Pan /snerk. 

15 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Same. also, Boo that Kubo number. That better jump today.