WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

7 minutes ago, MrPink said:

It's ok. Once China comes...

tumblr_obv3hhI4tK1t2mdaeo2_500.gif

It is time to let this ship sink. It is sinking silently and nobody is even noticing. Let it go sleep for a few years. 

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is time to let this ship sink. It is sinking silently and nobody is even noticing. Let it go sleep for a few years. 

You would not let go so easily if you saw it. 

5dd61440-30bd-0134-0cb0-0a0b9a139ea7.gif

But you will.

• Like 2

Saturday increases should be good for the family films. Schools started early this year (again) and more and more are starting so the weekdays are not as big.

I do have to wonder though-what will be the next major opener? I do think Magnificent Seven should be great-but westerns are not that big it seems (although they always do well here, though Django didn't do as well as other westerns out here, then again it wasn't quite a western in a way given it was in the South)

Sully could do pretty good as could Deepwater Horizon.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Mods defend DC medicority 

We've suspended "pro-DC" and "anti-DC" people. We're not "defending" any franchise or "attacking" any franchise. What we are doing, whether you like it or not, is ensuring that people can come on this forum and have productive box office discussions. If you want to criticize DC and call it a failure, there is a place to do that in the forum: it is not every single weekends number thread but the Marvel vs. DC forum.

If you have a problem with the way we run the forum, you don't have to be here. I understand that if you want to mindlessly rant against a franchise, you can go on IMDB.

56 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

I get it but come on man, it's a box office forum. It shouldn't be a rule to dislike something, just seems silly in a vacuum when guys like BKB & Kal have free reign to pump a movie (&/or topic) to very little limits because they are insanely positive lol.

It's not against the rule to dislike something. I actually am not a fan of the recent DC movies. I've given SS and BvS negative reviews. The difference here isn't that people like or dislike a movie, it's that it gets to the point where it drowns out everything else. If Kal were to come in here and tries to drown out discussions on the box office every time with pro-Avatar rants, we'd suspend him and give him points as well.

• Like 9

If Jason Bourne gets IMAX for a week on August 26, what gets it over Labor Day weekend? I bet on a Disney deal and both Dory and Civil War return to the format.

For the trolls in this thread, you know who you are.

When you write a post, before you post it, ask yourself if this is relevant to the box office. Then you'll come to the conclusion that it isn't, but you'll post it anyway. And then you have the bloody nerve to act the victim when people are calling you out on your trolling.

Despicable.