Thegun

Thegun's 50 Worst Sequels Ever Made (#15)

1 hour ago, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

I don't quite agree with you about godfather III.  It's not great but it's good, imo.  The other two are bang on.  Friday 8 is certainly one of the low points of the series.  Part X is worse but not much.

Thats why it is a flop ball. When you expand a list from 25 to 50 you'll get a couple cracked shells.  I don't think anyone can deny a drop from a A+ to a B isn't hard to overlook. Godfather 3 is good on its own. It's just a letdown 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

Wow Superman 4 and Friday 8 so low, must have some real stinkers coming up :ohmygod:

As said. It's about the quality that came before. Superman 4 and and Friday 8 are in many ways better than their predecessor. Certainly not the best of the series.

• Like 1

47. Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (2002)

Quite Possibly the most forgettable blockbuster ever made. If thousands of fans were frustrated everyone was left going "wah? afterwards. This is the film that gave us "Hate-in Christensen" As said earlier.  It's not a an awful film, but it tests everything you have to offer. A Star Wars film at its worst deserves at least something. You need to be in the top 10 of the year. You dropped the ball really horribly here.

• Like 8

I'm not saying anything about Clones.  I love it and I think it's massively under rated.  But I realize many disagree.  So...."do your worst BITCH!"

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Deserved

Upon my rewatch, I decided I LIKED the "I don't like sand" scene. j1aUlyv.gif 

One of the few times Christensen actually nailed the more vulnerable side of Anakin without sounding whiny. Also showed two INCREDIBLY sheltered and dysfunctional people trying to figure out how to court, and failing miserably.  Looked at through the lens that it was supposed to be awkward, I decided I quite enjoyed it.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5

Agreed @Porthos

That scene gets so much flak for being awkward and silly, but as you said, Anakin is awkward.  He has no idea what to say to Padme, no idea how to be romantic, no idea how to express what he's feeling so he says something stupid.  This is well written by Lucas because he nails what it's like to be young and inexperienced and in love.  You never come across as a Romeo, you end up doing exactly what Anakin does in that scene.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Upon my rewatch, I decided I LIKED the "I don't like sand" scene. j1aUlyv.gif 

One of the few times Christensen actually nailed the more vulnerable side of Anakin without sounding whiny. Also showed two INCREDIBLY sheltered and dysfunctional people trying to figure out how to court, and failing miserably.  Looked at through the lens that it was supposed to be awkward, I decided I quite enjoyed it.

1 minute ago, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

Agreed @Porthos

That scene gets so much flak for being awkward and silly, but as you said, Anakin is awkward.  He has no idea what to say to Padme, no idea how to be romantic, no idea how to express what he's feeling so he says something stupid.  This is well written by Lucas because he nails what it's like to be young and inexperienced and in love.  You never come across as a Romeo, you end up doing exactly what Anakin does in that scene.  

The problem is the scene comes off as them trying to act well and actually romantic but ending up stiff, unnatural, and forced rather than coming off as a deliberate design of awkwardness.

So, I disagree on that score.