Thegun

Thegun's 50 Worst Sequels Ever Made (#15)

8 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Why is OST on there? They only made three Pirates movies. If there's no Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley, it's not Pirates of the Carribean. It's just a Jack Sparrow spin-off no one wanted.

There's a billion dollars worth of sales that says someone wanted OST.

• Like 3

I really hope Mockingjay Part 2 find its way on here. That movie is a horrible piece of crap and I still have no idea what the hell they were thinking when they made that movie.

• Like 3

Don't get the hate AT ALL for DMC. It is by far one of the most entertaining summer blockbusters of the 21st century, and I think most people outside of the internet love it just as much as the first. I imagine it's a lot of fans favourite. AWE is a mess, but I still like it. OST is just bad.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

Yep, I'm in Vermont at the moment. Stuck on a six-hour sleep cycle even when I wish I wasn't. :lol: 

Nice! Perhaps, if you care at all, you can visit me in Norwich. That's a big care, of course.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

I really hope Mockingjay Part 2 find its way on here. That movie is a horrible piece of crap and I still have no idea what the hell they were thinking when they made that movie.

Actually i disagree.  Part 1 was the problem here... I still believe if the studio had stuck to a single movie for the third book, that mockingjay as a single film would have done a lot better and a lot better received.  

There is a lot of noise in both Parts 1 & 2 which should have never made it past the cutting floor.  Only made because some studio exec thought it was a good idea to make 2 out of 1 :P

I call it "The Hobbit" syndrome ..... :ph34r:
(and I'm a lover all things middle earth too)

• Like 2

Blues Brothers 2000 had better make this list.

As should It Runs In The Family,aka as A Summer Story. If you have never heard of it, this is the terrible sequel to "A Christmas Story",which,despite being made by the same producer,director and writer .has none of the charm,wit,or heart of "A Christmas Story". Amazing that Bob Clark,who did such a perfect job in casting "Christmas Story" screwed up so badly with the casting here. Charles Grodin as The Old Man is truly awful.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

21. Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)

What an unspeakable mess that almost makes the fifth film look good by comparison.  That's not to say however that this is probably the most ambitious film in the series.  But man oh man it goes way out there.  Trying to explain everything that is the reasoning behind the evil that is Michael Myers is goofy to say the least.  Add in a film that could have been a lot better had the studio not hacked it to pieces (Some of it is actually has merit for trying to explain the last two films mystery elements)  However it does not change the fact that this is not scary, the acting is really bad.  Even the violent scenes are kind of hilariously bad at times.  It's also so sad watching the late great Donald Pleasance so near to deaths door in this film.  He certainly helped give the series some legitimacy, but even he was deleted quite a bit. I recommend any fan check out the producers cut of the film, it is leagues better than this mess.  It was a toss up between this and part 5, but even while it is a cash in on the semi success of 4 it still works a hell of a lot better than this film. This is not what any Halloween film should be about. Only real merit this has is that it helped discover Paul Rudd, and the producers realized how insane the story had gotten and went back to basics with the far superior H20. Thankfully ignoring anything not involving series star Jamie Lee Curtis.  I'd still take this over the Zombie films though.

Best Scene:  A deleted scene where Mike is the father of his niece's kid.  I mean come on.

• Like 2

20. Batman and Robin (1997)

I have actually "cooled" to this film over the years.  Call it a cluster fuck, a disaster, a monumental achievement in bad filmmaking, they actually did make exactly the film they tried to make.  They went out of there way to make a campy, over the top kids film in vein of the 60s TV show. It's the kind of film Batman Forever would have been had Burton not been so involved with production.  (Sidetone: You can tell this by the deleted scenes, they are darker, and a much more interesting film would have prevailed had they not wanted to go the direction this film would pump into overdrive.) I mean this film cost 125 million in 1997.  Only Titanic and Waterworld had ever cost more up until that point, and those films were plagued with major production problems.  Where as Superman 4 was all heart and no money, Batman and Robin was all money but no heart.  Greed to create as many promotional tie ins and toys commercials for kids, all of the creative juices that went into the first three films are completely gone. Arnold and Clooney are really the only ones that come out of this unscathed (Clooney because he'd be a cool Bruce Wayne, but they opted to have 15 minute motorcycle chase with Alicia Silverstone instead of giving him more to do) and Arnold (You know they just told him to throw as many puns as possible and point his gun at people)  Chris O'Donnell and Uma Thurman are terrible in this movie. Bane is definitely not the Nolan Bane.  Alicia Silverstone, completely pointless (And how she is related to Alfred still boggles my mind.) Some decent effects that still hold up well, but awful dialogue, very uninteresting action scenes, and that Batman and Robin soap opera is cringe worthy. This film made the franchise sleep, where more prevalent minds would soon come aboard.  God could you imagine if Schumacher's third film actually got made (It was being written during this film's release)

Best Scene:  I'll just stick with the worst.  The Bat Credit Card. Lasts Forever.  That's an awful joke that you actually have to look for.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Thegun said:

20. Batman and Robin (1997)

I have actually "cooled" to this film over the years.  Call it a cluster fuck, a disaster, a monumental achievement in bad filmmaking, they actually did make exactly the film they tried to make.  They went out of there way to make a campy, over the top kids film in vein of the 60s TV show. It's the kind of film Batman Forever would have been had Burton not been so involved with production.  (Sidetone: You can tell this by the deleted scenes, they are darker, and a much more interesting film would have prevailed had they not wanted to go the direction this film would pump into overdrive.) I mean this film cost 125 million in 1997.  Only Titanic and Waterworld had ever cost more up until that point, and those films were plagued with major production problems.  Where as Superman 4 was all heart and no money, Batman and Robin was all money but no heart.  Greed to create as many promotional tie ins and toys commercials for kids, all of the creative juices that went into the first three films are completely gone. Arnold and Clooney are really the only ones that come out of this unscathed (Clooney because he'd be a cool Bruce Wayne, but they opted to have 15 minute motorcycle chase with Alicia Silverstone instead of giving him more to do) and Arnold (You know they just told him to throw as many puns as possible and point his gun at people)  Chris O'Donnell and Uma Thurman are terrible in this movie. Bane is definitely not the Nolan Bane.  Alicia Silverstone, completely pointless (And how she is related to Alfred still boggles my mind.) Some decent effects that still hold up well, but awful dialogue, very uninteresting action scenes, and that Batman and Robin soap opera is cringe worthy. This film made the franchise sleep, where more prevalent minds would soon come aboard.  God could you imagine if Schumacher's third film actually got made (It was being written during this film's release)

Best Scene:  I'll just stick with the worst.  The Bat Credit Card. Lasts Forever.  That's an awful joke that you actually have to look for.

LOL will anyone disagree?

Probably just on the ranking.  In retrospect, Batman Forever has just gotten worst and worst over the years for me.  Which is a shame because there are some really great elements to it.  Also I always wanted Burton's Batman 3.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thegun said:

Probably just on the ranking.  In retrospect, Batman Forever has just gotten worst and worst over the years for me.  Which is a shame because there are some really great elements to it.  Also I always wanted Burton's Batman 3.

Batman Forever is better than this on any day.

• Like 2

Not much argument with Batman and Robin. What a disaster. It's the  example of a film that the studio did make a profit off of, but got such a negative audience response that it still killed the franchise.

Ironic that a franchise that begun by getting as far away from the 1966 Adam West series as possible ended up  in a incredibly lame imitation of the West series that had none of the wit, the comedy ,or charm that the 1966 series had.

Interesting list, but a bit too Geek orinented for my taste.

And we do need one one of the really weak 007 films....IMHO A View To A Kill is a likely candidate.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2