Jake Gittes

Manchester By The Sea | Kenneth Lonergan | Casey Affleck, Michelle Williams | November 2016

39 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i thought margaret was fantastic. worth the fighting he did over it.

I don't know Coolio. I thought it was okay. But I was waiting for it from the beginning and the 5 year shelving probably jaded me a bit. Come to think of it, weren't there two versions of the movie after all was said and done. I think I saw the shortened one. I really should give it another go.

• Like 1

On 24/8/2016 at 11:09 PM, ecstasy said:

I don't know Coolio. I thought it was okay. But I was waiting for it from the beginning and the 5 year shelving probably jaded me a bit. Come to think of it, weren't there two versions of the movie after all was said and done. I think I saw the shortened one. I really should give it another go.

You really should. I watched both versions back in 2011-12 and the extended one was far superior and a really great movie. I also liked the shortened version but it was so haphazard you could tell a lot of things were missing.

• Like 2

I loved both versions of Margaret. The short one hit me with a jolt, the longer one let me luxuriate in the mess longer. The mess being the absolute point. I think at this point it's well on its way to being considered a masterpiece.

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'm already seeing ads for this. Anyone know if a big expansion is planned yet? Can't wait to see this.

It's sure to happen, the only question is when. My guess is Roadside won't want to Weinstein it and drag it through limited release until Christmas/Oscar noms, they'll probably push it wide either on Thanksgiving or on December 9 at the latest.

Edited by Jake Gittes

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

It's sure to happen, the only question is when. My guess is Roadside won't want to Weinstein it and drag it through limited release until Christmas/Oscar noms, they'll probably push it wide either on Thanksgiving or on December 9 at the latest.

Having seen it, I think tone wise it fits best with a Thanksgiving release.