Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

6 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I wonder if both of the first 2 episodes will be available straight away in Australia/NZ when it launches so that it is in sync with US/Canada/Netherlands.  Disney+ doesn't start anywhere else until well after the first series is finished so it would make sense.

If that's the case then subscribing from November 29 for a month should cover the wholes series.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/117376589/disney-viewers-in-new-zealand-will-get-extra-episodes-at-launch-to-catch-up-with-the-us

Disney+ subscribers in New Zealand will be able to watch two episodes of the highly anticipated Star Wars series The Mandalorian when the streaming service launches here on November 19. 

Original shows on the new service — which launched in the US on November 12 — are being released on a weekly basis, which would have put viewers in New Zealand one week behind the US.

But a Disney+ spokesperson confirmed two episodes of The Mandalorian will be available for New Zealand subscribers on launch day.

"All Disney+ Originals content will be available on the same day as the US moving forward post launch," the spokesperson said. 

Also you get a week free trail so should only have a week or so after it launches and be able to watch it all within your first month. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

It was fine. It felt long, to be honest. Both sparse (fine) and undercooked. And while I assume lots of people liked all the little references to other SW stuff, a little goes a long way for me. 

Herzog was the best part (unsurprisingly) — the runner-up are the visuals. 

I’m not sure I can deal with a whole season of a masked protagonist. 

This. The soundtrack was a bit disappointing also. But the reveal at the end was exciting.

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Not having all episodes in the Netflix era is weird but if it's the price to pay for quality then I guess it was the right choice.

It's not like Disney is the only streaming outfit to do this.  Hulu has been following this model for years,

• Like 1

Glad to see we'll have the episodes available at launch, I never even considered it might be held back so it's good to know that won't be the case. And I'm assuming it's dropping at midnight EST on its airing days right? If so that's perfect for us as it's 6pm. :D

While I'll agree the first episode was a bit slow, that ending is definitely a big hook and I'm looking forward to seeing where it's going. It's great we only have to wait until tomorrow for the next one.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Glad to see we'll have the episodes available at launch, I never even considered it might be held back so it's good to know that won't be the case. And I'm assuming it's dropping at midnight EST on its airing days right? If so that's perfect for us as it's 6pm. :D

While I'll agree the first episode was a bit slow, that ending is definitely a big hook and I'm looking forward to seeing where it's going. It's great we only have to wait until tomorrow for the next one.

Presumably. Find out tomorrow night one way or the other.

(it's nearly as good for me, as it's 9pm Pacific time. 👍)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

According to ScreenRant, episodes will be dropping at 12:01am Pacific Time.

Aside from the launch day content, which was all made available at once with the rest of the service and includes the first episode of highly-anticipated original series The Mandalorian, most new episodes of Disney+'s original shows will be released weekly on a Friday. That means shows like The Mandalorian will have two episodes this week, but then will mostly follow a regular weekly pattern from this Friday onwards. What's more, Disney has also revealed that exact time these episodes will be made available: from 15 November, most new episodes will be released Fridays at 12:01 am PST / 03:01 am EST. 

We'll see if that's accurate or not as D+ went live early at midnight, Eastern.  But it could be midnight, Pacific as often their cable stuff is available to stream around then on days of release.

Find out soon enough.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

According to ScreenRant, episodes will be dropping at 12:01am Pacific Time.

We'll see if that's accurate or not as D+ went live early at midnight, Eastern.  But it could be midnight, Pacific as often their cable stuff is available to stream around then on days of release.

Find out soon enough.

Sorry folks staying up on the East Coast, no second episode as of right now.  Should be up in three hours then.

Which is fine by me, as I gots a seat chart to do and I don't need the distraction while doing it. 👍

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Sorry folks staying up on the East Coast, no second episode as of right now.  Should be up in three hours then.

Which is fine by me, as I gots a seat chart to do and I don't need the distraction while doing it. 👍

Damn. Obviously the timing for the first episode was a once off due to the midnight launch of the app. Oh well, not much of a difference for me.

Edited by Gamora
  • Like 1

Me as I try to get Chapter 2 up and running and finding out it isn't loading up yet:

tumblr_inline_p1rvgyMkrz1ruiarm_540.gif

(apparently some folks are getting to show by rebooting their Xboxs and Playstations, but fat lot of good that does me on my PC)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

In other news, and somewhat surprising, looks like if anything the pilot episode was extended in length, as the rest of the "chapters" are around 30 min in length:

Ep 2 is at the very least:

(they gave out screeners for this episode, which makes me think they really did hold back because of the reveal at the beginning of the first episode)

I know, I know, the story is the thing.  And if they're written for 30 min chunks then I'm sure they'll work just fine in the format.  Still more than a little surprised though.

• Like 2