Jump to content
Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | A Fun Father & Son Romp

Recommended Posts

I enjoyed episode 2 a bit more than Episode 1.  Both have been just “good” though.  They are at least keeping me occupied as we wait for TROS.  Nothing groundbreaking about the show so far, but it’s been an enjoyable enough time.  Hopefully it will pick up, because both episodes have been kind of slow so far.  Agree in that they should have just combined 1&2

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Knights of Ren said:

I enjoyed episode 2 a bit more than Episode 1.  Both have been just “good” though.  They are at least keeping me occupied as we wait for TROS.  Nothing groundbreaking about the show so far, but it’s been an enjoyable enough time.  Hopefully it will pick up, because both episodes have been kind of slow so far.  Agree in that they should have just combined 1&2

I was disappointed with how filler this episode was, though. I also agree they should have combined the two.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

HOLY SHIT!!!!

 

"#BabyYoda" is trending Worldwide on Twitter right now!!! :ohmygod:

 

...

 

Okay, it doesn't take much to get trending in the middle of the US night and before much of Europe is doing things.  Hush. :lol: 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, elcaballero said:

I'm really split on how I feel about it so far. I love the score and the visuals (minus the occasional puppet wonkiness), but I'm iffy on the story so far. I don't think I like Yoda Jr. having such an aptitude for the force before he can even speak, let alone form complex thoughts or emotions. I also don't like the implication that this ability is because of his species (they really seem to want to walk back the ethos of the Force presented in TLJ).

 

Also, I found the Jawa scavengers being, well, Jawas unnecessary. Are they just naturally inclined to build Sandcrawlers and roam around desolate desert planets or something? Perhaps there is a central Jawa authority that dispatches them to a specific Sandcrawler? Definitely nitpicking, because I really enjoyed the Sandcrawler action scene.

 

 

Do we know what planets this show takes place on. I don't know. Maybe Jawas fly out to other planets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Porthos said:

HOLY SHIT!!!!

 

"#BabyYoda" is trending Worldwide on Twitter right now!!! :ohmygod:

 

...

 

Okay, it doesn't take much to get trending in the middle of the US night and before much of Europe is doing things.  Hush. :lol: 

I guess they were kind of in a pickle when it comes to that character.

On the one hand, it is so cute you could probably sell more toys from it than from the rest of the franchise combined. On the other hand, you couldn't really make lots of toys of it without the whole thing getting out early, ruining the surprise.

 

12 hours ago, elcaballero said:

I also don't like the implication that this ability is because of his species (they really seem to want to walk back the ethos of the Force presented in TLJ).

I don't think the force has been presented in a different way in any of the new stuff so far. There is no difference between TFA, TLJ and this, as the things that get told don't contradict each other. They are all merely different elements from the same thing. Just like the force wasn't really any different in the OT and PT, they merely spoke out in the PT what the OT already implied.

 

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, George Parr said:

I guess they were kind of in a pickle when it comes to that character.

On the one hand, it is so cute you could probably sell more toys from it than from the rest of the franchise combined. On the other hand, you couldn't really make lots of toys of it without the whole thing getting out early, ruining the surprise.

The funny thing is, word did get out to some degree thanks to, of course, Making Star Wars.

(NOTE:  Possible future spoilers at the link, haven't checked it out as I note below)

 

But it didn't get much traction, near as I can tell.  Maybe it's because SW Twitter/Internet was on lock down because of TROS spoilers being out there.  Hell, maybe it's because SW Twitter/Internet was obsessed with discussing TROS spoilers. But for whatever reason this didn't seem to leap much beyond there and escape into the wider discussion ecosystem.

 

Hell, I personally still haven't looked at what Jason Ward talked about there after finding out about it a couple of days ago and I don't plan on it until both TROS and Mando are well in the rear view mirror.

 

===

 

All that being said, I agree with the main point.  If they had toys already lined up in large quantities, the "baby Yoda" spoiler would have been much much more prevalent and hard to dodge.  It was a minor miracle the Yoda angle stayed as low key as it did, IMO.

 

I also see just why press copies were held back for the first episode (they were sent out for the second).  Even if every last press outlet held firm and didn't give the game away, enough of them would have made easy enough to connect dots for people to figure it all out. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Suuuuper Causal Star Wars Fan, I have to say:

  • BABY YODA
  • I enjoyed the second episode way better than the first; thought it found its footing.
  • BABY YODA
  • I really like how it's embracing its Western Genre Roots yet still has that Star Wars flavor
  • BABY YODA
  • The CGI and puppets look great
  • BABY YODA
  • I thought the 30 minutes was perfect.  There was no fat in that episode.  And I'm totally okay with them stretching out the "X amount hours of content" over various episode lengths instead of trying to do 6, 60 minute epsodes, etc . 
  • B A B Y Y O D A

 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2019 at 9:49 AM, captainwondyful said:

As a Suuuuper Causal Star Wars Fan, I have to say:

  • BABY YODA
  • I enjoyed the second episode way better than the first; thought it found its footing.
  • BABY YODA
  • I really like how it's embracing its Western Genre Roots yet still has that Star Wars flavor
  • BABY YODA
  • The CGI and puppets look great
  • BABY YODA
  • I thought the 30 minutes was perfect.  There was no fat in that episode.  And I'm totally okay with them stretching out the "X amount hours of content" over various episode lengths instead of trying to do 6, 60 minute epsodes, etc . 
  • B A B Y Y O D A

 

Lmao, pretty much. Whenever the baby Yoda is onscreen I'm just sitting there staring at them in their cute perfect glory and not thinking about much else other than how adorable they are. Which is fine by me.

 

I'm ngl, the length of the episodes so far is a bummer, I was expecting at least a normal network TV shows duration, and I'm now adjusting my expectations for the MCU TV shows, that's for sure. I won't say it's not well-done, so at least there's that, but I'm hoping the episodes are a bit longer in later episodes.

 

Just like I said after the first episode I'm definitely very intrigued as to where this is going while not having much of an idea. And damn, the music is good, especially the theme, I find myself humming it for a while after I finish watching the episode. And now I can listen to it in full any time. 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gamora said:

And damn, the music is good, especially the theme,

YUUUUUP. It has a GREAT old school Spaghetti Western throwback feel.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.