Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

Seeing all the Mandalorians was cool, but I'm not really a fan of deus ex machina coincidences. Did he at some point tell his tribe what really happened and what he was going to do. It just seemed like the other Mandalorians showed up out of the blue.

I thought the trash compactor cameo was funny though.

Edited by CloneWars

7 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Seeing all the Mandalorians was cool, but I'm not really a fan of deus ex machina coincidences. Did he at some point tell his tribe what really happened and what he was going to do. It just seemed like the other Mandalorians showed up out of the blue.

If only one of them had a fob, then they all knew what was happening.  Hell, only have to listen in on local radio chatter to get a heads up.

• Like 2

Also, for those paying attention, another variable length episode.  Not including the recap, but including normal credits, this one came in at 33 minutes.

So pretty obvious this has no fixed length of any sort.

And, yes, REALLY looking forward to Deborah Chow's Kenobi series now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Also, for those paying attention, another variable length episode.  Not including the recap, but including normal credits, this one came in at 33 minutes.

So pretty obvious this has no fixed length of any sort.

And, yes, REALLY looking forward to Deborah Chow's Kenobi series now.

Seems like they are aiming for 30ish minutes.

• Like 1

Okay, way past my bedtime but one story observation.

I wonder if the only reason The Mando got an offer to bring back Baby Yoda alive is because Doctor Pershing entered the room at the time.  Because IG-11's order was quite specific (termination). 

I suppose maybe some hunters got termination contracts and some got live ones, but then again Werner Herzog's character sure didn't seem to concerned about the health of Baby Yoda when he was talking to Doctor Pershing on that eavesdropped conversation.

Speaking of which... Who wanted him after Doctor Pershing was done with him?  First best guess is the First Order, as they might show up in some fashion in this series.

But I almost wonder if that is too obvious of a suggestion.  Also wonder if they were going to extract midi-chlorians.  Again, seems pretty obvious to me and a neat way to reference TPM without hitting folks over the head with it.

Either way, the Mando is now the hunter and the prey.  As is the Way.

• Like 1

One thing that puzzles me is the Mandalorians being nomadic and in hiding. Season 4 of Star Wars Rebels begins with the Mandalorians retaking their homeworld from the Empire, and this show takes place about 10 years later, so I'm just wondering what this Great Purge was that happened in the interim.

• Like 1

Was already hyped about Kenobi but now my excitement is through the roof. What a great episode, the best so far. The action sequences are amazing. The climactic sequence felt like a cross between an old school western and the scene of Iron Man taking on the terrorists attacking the village in the first movie.

I'm glad they're releasing them weekly instead of all at once. While bingeing this would be cool, it's building so much hype for me having to wait a week between episodes. Anticipation is a crucial element of Star Wars.

• Like 1

This one was way better than the first two episodes just on a fundemental level. There is none that murky brown filter and there's minimal filler. The first episode should have been the last two episodes together (both of them can easily be minimised to 45 minutes combined) and this should have been the second episode honestly. This is where the plot actually kicks in but it feels like its too late.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Everything about Baby Yoda makes me want to weep openly. Give me a goddamn plush of them now.

Awesome episode for sure. I felt so damn uncomfortable when he went off after giving Baby Yoda over, so when he finally went back after seeing the knob (😭) I nearly cheered. Then all the other Mandalorians came to help at the end and all was right with the world. It's killing me to know how it's all going to turn out but the weekly airings are definitely the way to go. Make us wait for it.

• Like 3