Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

27 minutes ago, Porthos said:

THAT WAS FUCKING EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL, LUCASFILM!!!!! :ohmyzod:

Well done emotional blackmail, I'll admit.   

Just don't make a habit of it.  j1aUlyv.gif

Weekly update on if baby Yoda still makes me want to cry: Yes 😭

My fear for them was real, they got me with the shot misdirect for sure and I'm still recovering damn it. If they keep doing this I'm going to be a wreck when watching this show by the time it ends.

Speaking of baby Yoda, the cut to them slurping their soup after that fight was perfect. But they're perfect in every way though, so. And then they had that kitty and it was also adorable. The art of it in the end credits was great, like so much of it is. It'd be neat if they released those officially, they'd make great monitor wallpapers and I'd definitely use the one from the first episode of him reaching into the pod.

I did love that fight between Cara and Mando, Cara's skills and strength had me like 😍. As did her general presence cuz this show has been light on women. I need more kthnx, so I hope we see her again.

I also really enjoyed the insights to Mando as well, and the information about his past. Idk how much is already known from other parts of SW but I'm not familiar with Mandalorians at all, so I liked hearing about that.

• Like 2

This was probably the first episode I was actually bored watching. And the night fight scene was pretty much unwatchable. Honestly though, 4 epsidoes and the plot hasn't picked up yet and we are only given snippets of The Mandalorian's character. That's kind of worrying. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

It was ok, but it was 100% filler. Do we really need filler episodes in such a short season? I mean, we are halfway through the season and the plot is still not picking up. Considering how much mythology they have to draw from, I am surprised this is what we are getting.

• Like 1

@Porthos some of the info we got about Mando with No Name's backstory leads me to believe he was raised by a Mandalorian splinter/extremist group.

Because what he said about never taking his helmet off in front of outsiders since he was a tween definitely doesn't track with CW or Rebels depiction of mainstream Mandos.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Watched it on my PC too. The lighting in those sequences were Suicide Squad level bad.

watched on my SONY procalibratet TV model KD-65X9503 and NEC 30inch multiSync calibrated...

@lorddemaxus, sorry to hear that, it was OK here, both monitor and TV are pro calibrated, working in animation and postproduction industry....

Marek

Finally got to watch just now.  This episode felt like some weird fan-fic that doesn't even take place in the Star Wars galaxy.  Besides some familar characters, this episode felt like I was watching a show for some other franchise.  It didn't help that it was also slow and felt unnecessary.  Pretty disappointed after the GREAT episode 3.  On the bright side, we are leaving this planet and that tribe behind now.  Hopefully it gets back on track next week!

18 hours ago, Porthos said:

There's something I've been meaning to comment on ever since i noticed it in the second episode.

It's a such a small thing, but I am really really really glad that they are using wipe transitions in these episodes.

It's nearly irrational, really.  But there's something just... so Star Wars-y about it. that I'm glad they're getting liberal use here in this show, including tonight's episode, which just reminded me to comment about it.

It's not irrational at all. Wipe transitions are part of the classic Star Wars aesthetic. I wouldn't hate the show if they weren't there, but I love the fact that they are.

12 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

@Porthos some of the info we got about Mando with No Name's backstory leads me to believe he was raised by a Mandalorian splinter/extremist group.

Because what he said about never taking his helmet off in front of outsiders since he was a tween definitely doesn't track with CW or Rebels depiction of mainstream Mandos.

That's what I was thinking too. There's definitely a reason for it and I think we got a hint this week.

I know the Baby Yoda scene was insanely manipulative but the end was so satisfying that I can't be upset about it.

• Like 2

Really enjoyed the episode. Mando gets to speak a lot more this episode, and I like how he has just enough personality to be likeable. In fact, he's actually just a nice guy. Or at least polite. He's that kid that your mom always wondered why you couldn't be more like, just because he always thanks people for every little thing (but you know he can be a dick sometimes). Even the dialogue in the village felt kinda like it was translated from Japanese.