Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

Yes I've liked every episode so far, however yeah the last one was a little bit of filler. Obviously the whole thing is kind of based on the cliffhanger at the end

7 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

I watched EP 5 yesterday and while it was better than EP 4, it still was just decent.  Seemed mostly like filler, and didn’t take the story (whatever that is) anywhere.  The cliffhanger is intriguing though, so looking forward to EP 6. 

hehe, well, they probably don't know about SECOND SEASON coming...

Disney Plus Subscribers Plan to Cancel Membership After Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season 1

http://epicstream.com/news/TinyDiapana/Disney-Plus-Subscribers-Plan-To-Cancel-Membership-After-Star-Wars-The-Mandalorian-Season-1?fbclid=IwAR1ROoTCQGGjg0ia_c0m4_tOhdDYNExkOIEMfZTDC8IBLcy2DIGOrzN-jf4

12 hours ago, Marek the Jedi said:

hehe, well, they probably don't know about SECOND SEASON coming...

Disney Plus Subscribers Plan to Cancel Membership After Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season 1

http://epicstream.com/news/TinyDiapana/Disney-Plus-Subscribers-Plan-To-Cancel-Membership-After-Star-Wars-The-Mandalorian-Season-1?fbclid=IwAR1ROoTCQGGjg0ia_c0m4_tOhdDYNExkOIEMfZTDC8IBLcy2DIGOrzN-jf4

it will be a year before a second season, i'm definitely cancelling , doesn't sound like disney + will have any major original programming for at least another 6 months

• Like 1

In case people were wondering, yes that was Dave Filoni in one of the X-Wings.  Along with him were fellow directors Rick Famuyiwa and Deborah Chow.

==

Nice solid episode.

I'm sure some folks will be saying "Why didn't they just kill the Mando?"

My response would be: What about this crew made it seem like they were responsible and actually great at their jobs? :lol: 

They showed poor impulse control and absolute lack of discipline.  Normally that would lead to killing the Mando.  But shoving him in a prison cell when he's distracted and whooping it up and laughing away thinking that they had humiliated him was perfectly in character for them, I thought.  Sealed by the line "I told you we should have killed him."

Absolutely loved the little dynamics displayed between them all, especially the family dynamic between the two Twi'leks.

And I laughed out loud when Baby Yoda looked at his hand after zero was shot.  Perfect comedy moment there. 

Let's say... oh, 9/10 I think.  Not too concerned about the meta plot because Have Gun, Will Travel IS the plot.  This episode was helped by having a lot more characters for the Mando to bounce off of.  Need more of that, I think.

Just two episodes left.  Suspect they'll both be meta-plot orientated.

Reminder: Next episode is next Wed, not Fri.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Reminder: Next episode is next Wed, not Fri.

Ooh good to know. Will have to see if I can squeeze it in before I go to see TROS at midnight. I guess I should be able to but I'll avoid whatever sneak peek of it they show, of course.

This was def my favourite episode of the season, I liked the twist and the tension once he was hunting them was great. Particularly the scene with the flickering light and you could see Mando getting closer to that guy like he was the killer in a horror movie. 😂

And then the X-wings showing up at the end to blow up the people who screwed him over was very satisfying. As was him taking the top of the stick off again for Baby Yoda to play with. Good shit, man.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gamora said:

This was def my favourite episode of the season, I liked the twist and the tension once he was hunting them was great. Particularly the scene with the flickering light and you could see Mando getting closer to that guy like he was the killer in a horror movie. 😂

Yes, the flickering lights scene was straight out of a horror flick and it was *chef kiss* perfect.

Also the humor in this episode was top notch, especially the understated bits.  "'No questions asked', right?" *pause* "'No questions asked.' *laughs*"

What a duplicitous bunch of snakes. :lol: 

Also, nice brother you got there, Xi'an. Second he stepped onto the scene he oozed a malevolence and competence that the others just lacked, including his sister (who was more of the psycho type, though she was also much more competent than the rest).  You could clearly see HE was in a different league than most of the rest of the bozos on that squad.  Terrific acting by Ismael Cruz Córdova

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

I'm not really bothered by no overarching narrative atm though I would prefer maybe some more reoccurring characters but that's just me. Nice to see a tiny glimpse of the New Republic too those droids look pretty cool (and far more competent than the Separatist Battle Droids). The show is basically a live action version of a Star Wars saturday morning cartoon.

Audience demand for TV content in the United States (01 – 07 December, 2019)

https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insights/audience-demand-for-tv-content-in-the-united-states-01-07-december-2019/

For the third week in a row, The Mandalorian is the series with the most audience demand in the United States. The Star Wars series from Disney+ is releasing new episodes until December 27th. This ongoing new content for an already high demand title means it is very likely The Mandalorian will stay on top for remainder of 2019.

Overall.jpg

5 hours ago, Marek the Jedi said:

Audience demand for TV content in the United States (01 – 07 December, 2019)

https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insights/audience-demand-for-tv-content-in-the-united-states-01-07-december-2019/

Overall.jpg

not that impressive, shows like GOT, Hand Maids Tales and Stranger Things had seasons long ago still on the list.

Everyone i know talking about Watchmen not on the list

Edited by Ryan Reynolds