Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

Instead of engaging in fighting, I'm just going to make a link to a GoFundMe that has been making the rounds of SW Twitter and has been RTed by a bunch of Lucasfilm employees, including members of the story group:

(just woke up so I haven't seen the trailer yet)

Quoting so it's at the top of the next page and to increase visibility, as I think it's important to boost the signal on this.

(still haven't seen the trailer; will soon)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Good trailer.  Doesn't give away too much buy is certainly suggestive.

Also like the subtle change to The Mandalorain title logo:

Compare this:

the-mandalorian-logo-1167051.jpeg

to this:

The-Mandalorian-Season-2-Release-Date-Lo

Didn't even notice it at first in thumbnail mode.  Only really noticed it when I saw the trailer just now.  I approve. 👍

====

2 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

hi there @Porthos;) how do you like trailer? :)

Cross post for the win. ;)

(been busy this morn)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Menor said:

Pretty good trailer, who is that hooded person supposed to be? She looks sort of? like Rosario Dawson and was shown right when the trailer said "Jedi" but is clearly not a Togruta. 

Edit: Apparently the actress is Sasha Banks.

Rumours are Sasha Banks is playing a certain Mandalorian we've seen before but looking again seems unlikely.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

22 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Rumours are Sasha Banks is playing a certain Mandalorian we've seen before but looking again seems unlikely.

Given Banks' ethnic background, I certainly hope not.  I certainly would not relish a (deserved) casting controversy over the character.

Either way, famous for having blue hair in the WWE notwithstanding, looks like that is probably not the direction this is going:

As for his own speculation:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

She’s a Sith cultist from Exegol looking for Baby Yoda for cloning purposes 🥴.  I’m kidding....maybe

Possible, they're definitely up to something regarding his genetic material from what Herzog's character (I forget the name) was saying in the first season. Another possibility is a former Inquisitor.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

I’d be surprised if Vader didn’t hunt down all the Inquisitors. Why let possible threats go free? I could definitely see Sith Eternal/Acolytes of the Beyond connections.

Why would Vader be hunting down Inquisitors? Was there some kind of schism that I'm not aware of (not caught up on all the books)? 

Just now, Menor said:

Why would Vader be hunting down Inquisitors? Was there some kind of schism that I'm not aware of (not caught up on all the books)? 

I believe the phrase is "kill the spare".

The idea being that Palps wouldn't want other Force sensitives running around once they served their purpose in taking out the Jedi.  However that does seem to cut across the whole idea of kidnapping Force sensitive children to mould into  his own personal army.

Palps was many things.  But wedded to the Rule of Two certainly wasn't one of them.  And we're talking both Legends and Canon here.

(and, yes, those Sith Acolytes have to start somewhere) 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Menor said:

Mostly just speculation. That is, if there are even any alive after Rebels season 2. If there are, I assume they were killed by Vader since we never hear of them again.

• Like 1