Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

https://deadline.com/2020/11/the-mandalorian-season-3-production-start-date-spinoff-casting-disney-plus-sophie-thatcher-1234609860/

UPDATED: Disney+’s signature original series, The Mandalorian, just returned for its second season, which had wrapped production just before the pandemic hit in March. While not officially greenlit, a third season of the hit Star Wars series has been in pre-production for months, with creator, director and executive producer Jon Favreau publicly stating that he hoped to start filming by end of 2020. That may be the case, with some sources indicating that the new season could begin production as soon as next week (or in late November/early December), while others point to spring 2021.

The confusion stems from the level of secrecy in the Lucasfilm camp. One explanation could be rumors that another Mandalorian-related project, I hear possibly a Boba Fett miniseries, would film first, starting next week, with The Mandalorian Season 3 following after a monthlong break.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

Not as good as last weeks episode but I dug the horror fantasy vibes.

Also very mild spoiler 

Spoiler

Peyton Reed directed this one did not expect his name to show up at the end there, something very different from him. 

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Not much happens. Wait, nothing happens. but...

Reveal hidden contents

are we supposed to laugh that he ate those unfertilized eggs that frog mom was protecting cause they were the last of her family line? Like, isn't that actually sad?

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Hide contents

are we supposed to laugh that he ate those unfertilized eggs that frog mom was protecting cause they were the last of her family line? Like, isn't that actually sad?

Yeah, it was just really uncomfortable.

*finishes up*

Baby Yoda is kinda an asshole here. :lol: 

Spoiler

He's a toddler.  Entering his Terrible Twos maybe even.  Loved it.  Adds nuance to the character and a bit of childish mischievousness.

Loved it.  Another great episode.  More thoughts later.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Hide contents

I'll tell you exactly how you're supposed to feel about this:

Spoiler

Kids.  Figures.  Just can't control them.

If we want to character plot it, it's showing/reminding that Baby Yoda is in fact... still a baby/very young child.  They can be very willful people most of the time and it's setting up that Baby Yoda is too impulsive/not following boundaries for his own good. 

Which is also part of the learning process of children (as well as parents trying to raise them).  Just this one happens to be a teeny bit more powerful than many.

For folks who say it didn't advance anything, can't really say that until the season is over.  Consider:

Spoiler

Getting on better relations with the New Republic.  Not having an arrest warrant over his head. Having a nearly crippled ship, meaning he can't fend off the inevitable bounty hunters coming his way.

It might not be a meaty episode, but it was a fun one.  Throughly entertained throughout.

Also:

Spoiler

Dave Filoni was much better this time around as Trapper Wolf.  Probably helped most of his stuff was voice work, which he's done a ton of before.  But even the on-face camera acting was much better.

Wonder how much they had to twist his arm to make him do it again.

Probably put it at 8.5/10 or so.  Maybe 8.75.  

• Like 2

I watched the first 2 episodes last night (don't think I finished season 1). I appreciate the scale and the filmmaking on display, the action is very competently done and often quite fun. I just wish there was something beyond that and Baby Yoda being cute to keep me interested. Mando is just a nothing character and the writing is still pretty thin (dialogue is sooo fucking expository on this show lol). I feel like the show would improve if they let Pedro Pascal take the helmet off and do some acting and be an actual character. It's still a boring guy that looks cool and a cute alien going on hit or miss adventures. Which is fine just not really enough to keep me watching.

Edited by MOVIEGUY
  • Like 1

I feel like the people complaining that not much plot advancement is happening are kind of missing the point of this show. It’s a “random adventure of the week” show, that’s how it was in season 1 and it continues to be that in season 2. The reuniting Baby Yoda with his people stuff is just an excuse to have these adventures, it’ll pan out eventually and no doubt the last couple of episodes of the season will focus on it more as they tie it together, but it’s not the focus. Expect a grand labyrinthine plot and you’ll be disappointed, it’s not that kind of show.

I’ve really enjoyed these latest two episodes, chapter 9 was admittedly stronger, but I still really liked chapter 10. It’s just a fun, easy to watch slice of weekly Star Wars.

• Like 3