Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

Ummm...

Five minutes of episode footage shown at Celebration has leaked!!!! :ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

(if anyone has already liked a prior post, re-check the PMs. :ph34r:)

EDIT::::

Apparently it was shown BEFORE the teaser trailer.

No wonder they cut down the livestream 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Is it me or was Bill Burr in that trailer? It looks like him in one of the shots but I didn't know he was in the show. Would be amazing if he is actually in this show. 

Sure is! 👍

• Like 1

If folks didn't get to see this on the livestream, it really was a treat (the isolated clip just went up on SW YT).  Carl Weathers, especially, was phenomenal. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just made an interesting discovery.  The Stan/Disney agreement may not be as long as I thought.

While a local partner is a possible option, Stan may prefer to pursue a deal with Disney. Its agreement with the US entertainment giant ends later this year and both Disney and Nine staff have signed non-disclosure agreements. There is widespread industry speculation Nine could offer Disney equity in Stan as part of a more substantial partnership in the future.

Disney last week shared details of its own direct-to-consumer streaming platform Disney+ that is expected to launch in the US before a gradual global roll out.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/news-corp-approaches-nine-about-stan-partnership-20190414-p51e1a.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can already tell Werner Herzog is going to be a delight in this show. The way he chews scenery in the best of ways...  Well from what little I may or may not have seen, he's already immensely quotable. 

Edited by Porthos
I SO love auto correct. -rolleyes-
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I just made an interesting discovery.  The Stan/Disney agreement may not be as long as I thought.

While a local partner is a possible option, Stan may prefer to pursue a deal with Disney. Its agreement with the US entertainment giant ends later this year and both Disney and Nine staff have signed non-disclosure agreements. There is widespread industry speculation Nine could offer Disney equity in Stan as part of a more substantial partnership in the future.

Disney last week shared details of its own direct-to-consumer streaming platform Disney+ that is expected to launch in the US before a gradual global roll out.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/news-corp-approaches-nine-about-stan-partnership-20190414-p51e1a.html

It makes sense given the Asia Pacific region was shown as getting the service across two years, Australia and New Zealand are markets that have good (enough) internet and are largely English speaking countries so it would make sense if we got it first, given the similarities to the US and Western Europe markets like the UK. 

Dave Filoni is the most important person at Lucasfilms period.  As long as he's involved with the franchise, I'll have confidence Star Wars will rebound from its lowest lows and maintain its highest highs.  

Having "green screens" where the images are already there for the actors to react against? I presume that's what he's describing here.

If so, what's old is new again in Hollywood, it would appear (stock paintings/footage in backgrounds on ye olden days sets).

• Like 1

• 2:00 – She talks about shooting in “The Volume”, a device you step into that surrounds you in LED screens; Dallas Howard compares it to Star Trek‘s holodeck, though she admits that it’s the “wrong term for this.”

More about what Herzog was probably talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

More about what Herzog was probably talking about.

I love how much she is geeking out, technology sounds super cool and love how she mentions how hands on Favreau and Filoni are. November can’t come soon enough. 

• Like 1

Same, Jordan.  Same.

EDIT:::

Full details:

071119-lucasfilm-iris-2-1180w-600hIris-1

JUST ANNOUNCED: We’ve Got a Good Feeling About Lucasfilm at D23 Expo 2019

By D23 Team

For the first time ever at D23 Expo, Lucasfilm will host its own pavilion on the show floor featuring an impressive display showcasing the evolution of Star Wars stormtroopers. The exhibit will include several of the actual costumes used on screen throughout the iconic movie series.

From the classic stormtrooper to the new design featured in the upcoming Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, this stunning display is a rare opportunity to examine these production costumes up close instead of in a galaxy far, far away.

There will also be an opportunity for young Padawans to feel the force with Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures video shorts and interactive activities for kids.

The Mandalorian

As if that wasn’t exciting enough, on Friday, August 23 at 3:30 p.m. in Hall D23, guests will get a sneak peek at Jon Favreau’s action-packed bounty hunter series, The Mandalorian. The Mandalorian (played by Pedro Pascal) is a bounty hunter who travels the outer reaches of the lawless galaxy, surviving as a mercenary-for-hire. Dave Filoni(supervising director on Star Wars: The Clone Wars and writer/director on The Mandalorian), along with special guests, will join Favreau for the on-stage presentation. The highly anticipated program for Disney+ represents the first-ever Star Wars live-action series.

It’s going to be a force-filled weekend, so better pack your lightsabers, and get ready to jump to lightspeed at D23 Expo 2019.

Might actually be a full panel with that comment about "special guests".  Or at least a half-panel and not the normal 10min+ D23 usually has.

I'm talking about this with someone who is more familiar with D23 than I am to get their thoughts on this, but this could be a sign that D23 might be moving to a more panel orientated type event.

Or could just be an oversized version of what D23 already does as "presentation" does give me a bit of a pause.  Time will tell, as the adage goes.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

Yeah really hope they upload footage for the world to see this time, I mean a lot of people have already seen the cam footage  so I don’t know why they haven’t uploaded at least the trailer yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

so I don’t know why they haven’t uploaded at least the trailer yet.

Unfinished effects causing the net to have a fit?

Disney being 'extra' over safeguarding footage for its streaming service?

Two separate arms of Disney (LFL and Plus) fighting over release strat, causing delays?

Most of that is for when it wasn't released in April, mind.  Now they prob figure that D23 is soon enough that they don't want to rob it of its thunder.

If they don't officially release something during or immediately post-D23 that will be pretty irksome though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Unfinished effects causing the net to have a fit?

Disney being 'extra' over safeguarding footage for its streaming service?

Two separate arms of Disney (LFL and Plus) fighting over release strat, causing delays?

Most of that is for when it wasn't released in April, mind.  Now they prob figure that D23 is soon enough that they don't want to rob it of its thunder.

If they don't officially release something during or immediately post-D23 that will be pretty irksome though.

Yeah I heard someone talking about unfinished effects at some point, but from  the footage I’ve seen if that’s unfinished it’s gonna look crazy good visually.

It’s probably just they have a marketing plan they want to follow, as you mention April would have probably been too soon to start pushing but August being less than three months out would be a good time to start ramping out. 

The difficult thing is making sure TROS and this both get enough of their own space, so if they decide to release another trailer for TROS at D23 I think a Manadalorian trailer is super unlikely. At the moment I’m thinking they will save the next TROS trailer for a big sporting event, but you never know.

• Like 1