Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

12 minutes ago, Menor said:

Was it ever specified?

Not sure it if was specified outside of the episode (gonna be away from keyboard soon) but the dialogue certainly implies immediately after RotJ with a couple of references to the Battle of Endor as the most recent/important thing to catch up on regarding a few players.

Much of the entertainment press certainly thought so at the time, as seen in this recap over at /Film.  I'd have to check that roundtable that Amy Ratcliffe hosted to see if it was ever asked directly.

Maybe folks just presumed that it was immediately after RotJ and Dave Filoni never saw fit to correct them. 

• Like 2

after the last Mando episode I just had to watch Rebels. Now binged the first season and half way into season 2. It's good. Doesn't have any of the depth/complexity & nuance that I recall (possibly mistakenly?) from season 4/5 of Clone Wars though. But it's enjoyable to watch.

I will say though... I'm getting very-fucking-confused with the timeline as I'm watching Mandalorian, Rebels, and playing through Squadrons, all simultaneously.

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 6:00 AM, Avatree said:

after the last Mando episode I just had to watch Rebels. Now binged the first season and half way into season 2. It's good. Doesn't have any of the depth/complexity & nuance that I recall (possibly mistakenly?) from season 4/5 of Clone Wars though. But it's enjoyable to watch.

I will say though... I'm getting very-fucking-confused with the timeline as I'm watching Mandalorian, Rebels, and playing through Squadrons, all simultaneously.

No, you're right, it was a different type of story (focusing largely on one group) and, IMO, pitched at a slightly younger audience.  

Starts to get a bit more complex and nuance-y as the series goes on though.  Ironically pretty much starting in the last half of S2.  Be curious to get your take of the S2 season finale, for instance.

• Like 1

Intro quick musing:

Spoiler

Who you trying to convince here, Mando?  Coz I don't really think it's Grogu. :ph34r:

EDIT::::

Spoiler

YIPE!!!! That title for this episode doesn't bode well. :o

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ahsoka said:
  Hide contents

I can’t believe the internet was stressing about how to get rid of Gina when lucasfilm was sitting on “lol Ming-Na isn’t dead” the whole time.

Spoiler

To be fair, it WAS heavily speculated.  :lol: 

It wasn't officially leaked though, true.

Also, since you're here:

Spoiler

Anyone want to do a Wellness Check on Cap?  I suspect she's out for Moff Gideon's head right now. :lol: 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

BTW, commenting on that last scene:

Spoiler

Moff Gideon sure did seem pleased at Grogu using the Dark Side so effectively, and not just because it tuckered him out.

Makes one go "Hmmmmmmmmm"  and then "Hmmmmm" again for good measure.

• Like 6

Spoiler

Seeing Slave I and Boba in his armour did things for me, also super cool that Jango was revealed to be a foundling (don’t know if that was already revealed in any other media like books etc.) 

Poor Grogu 😭 but also he’s got some dark side in him with the way he fucked up those stormtroopers. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I was gonna say that mid way but things do shake a bit, but now I am gonna say very short episode. 🙄

Just gonna make a comment that I don't think any episode of The Mandalorian is truly going to be a "filler episode" when looked back in the fullness of time.

Doesn't mean they'll be good or well regarded, as that is a YMMV situation.  Just that I think this show is following the Rebels playbook to a degree where seemingly inconsequential stories get more resonance/relevant as time goes on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jamiem said:
Spoiler

Poor Grogu 😭 but also he’s got some dark side in him with the way he fucked up those stormtroopers. 

Spoiler

Is it necessarily a dark side thing? I mean he is using force to mess with someone wronging him. we did saw jedi messing with normies. JFC am a Star Wars noob.

15 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Force Choking, especially if done in anger, has been pretty much interpreted as a dark side power.  Partially it's the emotional intent behind it, but as more and more authors have added to all things SW, just dabbling in it has been seen to be... sketchy might be the nice way to put it.  Yes, some Jedi have done it in other media.  But it's almost never been presented as a Good Thing.

Yes, there is Luke perhaps Force Choking guards back in RotJ.  Whether that was actually a choke (and a foreshadowing of Luke's potential to slide to the dark side later on in the film) or "something else, unknown" is one of those nerdy debates you're probably better off ignoring as a casual SW fan. :lol: 

Getting back to Mando, I'll just say that us viewers watching it are probably supposed to look at the scene and Moff Gideon's reaction and be... concerned about where Grogu's head might be at at the time. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 6