Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

Just now, Porthos said:

Setting aside that SW doesn't do post-credit scenes, I could see this as the final shot of the season.  Strong chance to completely melt down the internet if it happens.  Or at least seem that way. ;)

Of course always a chance that this isn't taken up until next season (see Boba Fett being teased in S1 but not being paid off until S2).  Kinda two minds about it.  One the one hand, you'd think if the show made a huge deal about the seeing stone scene, it would get a continuation this season.  On the other hand, whole lot of stuff to take care of in this season finale.

Unless Grogu is NOT rescued, of course. :ph34r:

Which might be interesting, come to think of it, when it comes to our expectations:

1) Do we expect Grogu to be rescued in the finale, even if there are (of course) complications.

2) Do we expect someone to answer Grogu's call [if indeed he made a call] and/or the seeing stone story line to be advanced?

Kinda curious to get a sense of where the board's expectations are as we head into the last episode of the season.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 12:57 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

Next one is directed by Lord Taika right?

On 12/11/2020 at 1:03 AM, Porthos said:

Nope.  I believe he only did the finale of S1.  This last one should be Favreau's.

So I realized over the last couple of days... We don't actually know who is directing the finale of S2.  Just did a check in case I was having a brain fart and it seems like no one knows who is doing this finale.

Presumably it is Jon Favreau, simply because everyone who had been officially tapped to direct an episode this season already has done so.  Could have a repeat of one of the previous directors, of course.  

But it is... odd that it hasn't been officially announced as near as I can tell.

Curious.

(don't think it's very likely at all that there is a "mystery" director as that news would have leaked a very long time ago)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Porthos said:

So I realized over the last couple of days... We don't actually know who is directing the finale of S2.  Just did a check in case I was having a brain fart and it seems like no one knows who is doing this finale.

Presumably it is Jon Favreau, simply because everyone who had been officially tapped to direct an episode this season already has done so.  Could have a repeat of one of the previous directors, of course.  

But it is... odd that it hasn't been officially announced as near as I can tell.

Curious.

(don't think it's very likely at all that there is a "mystery" director as that news would have leaked a very long time ago)

Imagine if it was George Lucas. The internet would melt.

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Or, better yet, Rian Johnson. :ph34r:

Sadly, pretty sure either of those would have leaked by now. 

I would absolutely love that. If it were an absolutely amazing, knock it out of the park episode that nobody could complain about and then BAM “Directed by Rian Johnson”. That would be a day to remember on Twitter 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eric Karga said:

Checked out starwars.com and it looks like it's gonna be just one episode this year, one hour long.

From the triumphant return of legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett to the live-action debut of fan-favorite Ahsoka Tano, the second season of The Mandalorian is a fun, surprising, emotional thrill-ride, which has kept fans excited to see how each new weekly chapter will unfold. This Christmas, Disney+ takes viewers behind the scenes of the groundbreaking season in a new hour-long Making of Season Two special.

In this new installment of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian, filmmakers and cast provide unprecedented access to the storytelling decisions and innovations that went into the second season of the Emmy Award-winning series.

Featuring immersive on-set footage that places viewers right in the middle of the filmmaking process, and rare insights from the cast and crew, this special documentary explores the production of all 8 episodes in Season 2 — from early concept art through the groundbreaking technology introduced in the series.

Shame we're not getting more, but given a lot of ground was already covered in the first season of the documentary plus COVID wrecking shit up, I suppose even getting one more episode is a blessing.

EDIT:::

Confirmed:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/15/2020 at 3:51 PM, Porthos said:

Curious.

And the answer is....

*drumroll*

PEYTON REED!

Source:

(0:55 in the clip)

Pedro mentioned it casually, for the record.  So if it was supposed to be some big secret, guess it's not anymore!

Interestingly enough, it doesn't appear to have been picked up anywhere.  Can't find news about this on the net much of anywhere, or any discussion of it on Twitter.

So, folks, consider yourselves one of the first to know. At least outside of those who saw that clip.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Peyton Reed ☹️😡💔

He didn't write the episode, you know.  And his prior episode this year was pretty good from a directed/shot standpoint, IMO.  So while it wouldn't be as delicious as Lucas or Johnson (who were never going to happen, for the reasons I mentioned earlier), I don't see what's so bad about this choice.

But, then again, I didn't get the complaints about his episode earlier this year, either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

He didn't write the episode, you know.  And his prior episode this year was pretty good from a directed/shot standpoint, IMO.  So while it wouldn't be as delicious as Lucas or Johnson (who were never going to happen, for the reasons I mentioned earlier), I don't see what's so bad about this choice.

But, then again, I didn't get the complaints about his episode earlier this year, either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yea I think this one should clearly be better for him, as he will have a lot more to work with.  I thought Ch. 10 was clearly the weakest of the season, but part of that was because of the story itself (IMO of course).  

I'm also not a fan of his other work, so theres that as well.  I'm sure this episode will be great regardless of who directs though, the material/story is going to be there for success. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

"Nice shot", as I believe the phrase was in last episode. 👍

That really was stupid of that pilot, you know.

(started up later, just saw the beginning)

EDIT:::

Spoiler

Sasha Banks, you are a big fat LIAR! :lol: 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Oh, yeah.  That little detail about droids. :ph34r:

(well, at least it bought them time :lol:)

• Like 1