Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

Honestly, they don't need reviews up before the episode airs. Those who want to watch it will watch it when Disney+ goes live and then WOM will catch on.

Apparently, according to the New York Times, the first episode of The Mandalorian contains a major Star Wars universe spoiler that has not yet been revealed. I don't know what this means, but maybe it ties into the ST somehow.

Edited by CloneWars

When I created the thread years ago I didn't expect such budget, having Disney+ coming definitely has its benfits and as I intend to have Disney+ for the animated movies and cartoons I will be able to watch this as well, it looks interesting!

Everything the trailers have shown looks great. I do wonder if we'll eventually see some larger cities (which Star Wars kinda has a dearth of, in my opinion), but packing ship battles, CGI creatures, and AT-STs into a TV-show budget is already a huge ask. They're delivering in spades.

can't wait for them to release the viewer #s for this.  I expect great things.  Anyone know the average #s for the Clone Wars tv show?  What other tv shows do they got?

What about the Clone Wars Anime dvd?  how many did that sell?  what was the connection between the two Clone Wars series, the books after 2000, and the new Star Wars trilogy?

I've been avoiding Twitter and YouTube a lot recently (for what I would think are obvious reasons), but I was over on YT and saw this on the sidebar:

The Mandalorian press conference got uploaded in full about a week back, and it's a pretty good one.  Lots of little insights here and there, and just great chemistry.  Especially between Jon and Dave. as they needle each other back and forth.

Was a small amount of hard news out of it, as it was intimated that Dave Filoni is gonna direct an episode of Season 2, as will Jon Favreau.  This is where the announcement of Carl Weathers directing an episode came from, but I believe that's already been reported.  

In general though, just a good press conference, even if the actors themselves didn't get to chime in all that much, as most of the questions were directed at Jon and Dave.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TRAILERS!! PROMOTIONS!!!

EVERY DAY, MORE PROMOTIONS!!!

===

Thank you for your commentary, Saw.  Always appreciated.

Got to say, they sure are pulling the stops out to promote a TV show.  Guess being the Launch Title for a brand new streaming network has its advantages. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

^^ better than the actual product?

Much like stuffing godhood into an unprepared person would shatter their mortal shell, the world at large can only take so much brilliance.  Best to cut it down into more easily digestible pieces until the world is better equipped to handle the radiance of such a transcendental experience.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So got a general question on board etiquette here.

Since this is streaming AND since a decent chunk of our board's user base won't be able to (legally) watch it for a few months, how do we handle discussing episode details?

I mention streaming since that means everyone won't watch it at the same time on release day (even if they didn't before thanks to DVRs and other time shifting means).  

Didn't the GOT thread have some sort of (informal?) spoiler policy?  I reckon maybe non-spoiler impressions are fair game, but anything on actual episode details goes behind spoiler bars.  My main question is:  For how long though?  Till the next episode?  One week?  Don't bother with spoiler bars and let the reader beware?

I suppose I could trawl the GOT thread and see what was done there, but I also reckon the situation here is slightly different enough (difference in international rollout) that I might as well ask if there is any sort of real policy, informal or otherwise.

(also any suggestions on which Staff to tag to ask about this would be welcome as well)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

So got a general question on board etiquette here.

Since this is streaming AND since a decent chunk of our board's user base won't be able to (legally) watch it for a few months, how do we handle discussing episode details?

I mention streaming since that means everyone won't watch it at the same time on release day (even if they didn't before thanks to DVRs and other time shifting means).  

Didn't the GOT thread have some sort of (informal?) spoiler policy?  I reckon maybe non-spoiler impressions are fair game, but anything on actual episode details goes behind spoiler bars.  My main question is:  For how long though?  Till the next episode?  One week?  Don't bother with spoiler bars and let the reader beware?

I suppose I could trawl the GOT thread and see what was done there, but I also reckon the situation here is slightly different enough (difference in international rollout) that I might as well ask if there is any sort of real policy, informal or otherwise.

(also any suggestions on which Staff to tag to ask about this would be welcome as well)

Let's see if we can get some variety of opinion here. :)

@DeeCee @AndyLL @grim22 @aabattery

• Like 2