Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

13 minutes ago, PANDA said:

This is a great idea, honestly the best general Star Wars idea Disney has had yet.

@aabattery Taika is a director for this!!

There's been discussion in the Casual Conversation thread. ;)

====

Also, maybe time for a thread title change to either "Star Wars - The Mandalorian" or "The Mandalorian", since we now know the title?

(@aabattery)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

Episode/director list according to MSW:

Earlier today Starwars.com gave us the first official photograph from The Mandalorian and that release confirmed our earlier scoops on Dave Filoni being a director and it was also nice to see Taika Waititi confirmed. I don’t believe the episode count was addressed in their press release and I had heard that the show was having an eight-episode run that was “all killer, no filler.”

This is the breakdown of the directors and which episode number of the first season of The Mandalorian they will be directing for the live-action Star Wars streaming show:

• 101 Dave Filoni
  • 102 Rick Famuyiwa
  • 103 Deborah Chow
  • 104 Bryce Dallas Howard
  • 105 Dave Filoni
  • 106 Rick Famuyiwa
  • 107 Deborah Chow
  • 108 Taika Waititi

As you can see Dave Filoni, Deborah Chow, and Rick Famuyiwa are directing two episodes each.  While Jon Favreau is not directing any episodes, we have seen him around the set and he seemed pretty involved with the work being conducted.

Little sad if it is only 8 episodes (down from the originally rumored 10).  But if this sets up future seasons, then I can afford to be patient.

Also, @aabattery... Waititi is directing the season finale. :o

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

7 hours ago, Porthos said:

Little sad if it is only 8 episodes (down from the originally rumored 10).  But if this sets up future seasons, then I can afford to be patient.

Also, @aabattery... Waititi is directing the season finale. :o

Since when do we know the title of the series? o_o

Sounds ambitious, will it be for Disney's streaming platform?

6 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Since when do we know the title of the series? o_o

Sounds ambitious, will it be for Disney's streaming platform?

On 10/3/2018 at 4:35 PM, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Since a couple of days ago. :)

And, yes, this is the show for the as-yet-unnamed streaming service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Since a couple of days ago. :)

And, yes, this is the show for the as-yet-unnamed streaming service.

I"m pretty excited to see their streaming platform, they really could give us a huge amount of content.

They're slower than expecting though, I thought they would enter the race late 2018/early 2019.

Edited by Fullbuster

On 10/5/2018 at 6:07 AM, Porthos said:

104 Bryce Dallas Howard 

Interesting in general, also for them giving this kind of material (reputation important for merchandise freshening up?) to a directing newcomer, she has only shorts/parts in her resume

You know, now I'm wondering if these are going to be a bunch of "one shot" series. YiBe40t.png 

That is, instead of something going several seasons, a story told over one or two.

Hmmm.

Also the chances of a Solo sequel in streaming form just went up, I think.

===

EDIT:::

I WILL BREAK OUT MY MERRICK AVATAR FOR SIX MONTHS IF THIS HAPPENS!!!! :ohmygod:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Awesome news, Rogue One was a great movie. Far more interesting show to me than The Mandalorian. Not that I won't watch both if they are good ;)

There are so many opportunities to bring in characters or refer to them in some manner. Getting Diego Luna back is excellent news, and I guess K2 will make some appearance as well. Maybe they could even get Ian McDiarmid to return as Palpatine in some fashion. That would be cool.

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 1

Looks like Pedro Pascal will indeed play the main character, per Variety.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/star-wars-pedro-pascal-mandalorian-series-1203023818/

I'm a bit confused by what the article says though. It claims that he has been offered the role and negotiations are currently under way, which is kind of odd for a show that has already been shooting for one month.

Per Variety, Nick Nolte has joined the cast of The Mandalorian.

While not directly announced by Disney/Lucasfilm, the ones that have been claimed by the media as definately being part of the cast are Pedro Pascal, Nick Nolte, Gina Carano and Carl Weathers.

There are further news about the Cassian Andor show as well:

As per deadline, Stephen Schiff (The Americans) will be the showrunner, while Jared Bush (co-writer and co-director of Zootopia, writer of Moana) created the project, wrote the script for the pilot and a general 'bible' concerning the show.

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 1

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/the-mandalorian-adds-giancarlo-esposito-werner-herzog-carl-weathers-to-cast-1203088365/

The upcoming live-action “Star Wars” streaming series has revealed that the cast includes Giancarlo Esposito, Emily Swallow, Carl Weathers, Omid Abtahi , and Werner Herzog. They join previously announced cast members Pedro Pascal, Nick Nolte, and Gina Carano.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1