Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

12 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

They're actually including a disc this time? 

That (apparently) wasn't Disney's fault!  Well, sorta kinda not their fault and sorta kinda was.

From today's coverage over at The Digital Bits:

All right, so we have a little bit of additional information for you. Not only will Loki: The Complete First Season be released on UHD-100 discs, we’ve learned that all of these releases will be on 100 GB discs. And if these titles sell well, you can bet that additional series and seasons will follow next year.

[Editor’s Note: Marvel has already hinted on their own web post this morning that The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is coming as well, likely next year.]

Also, while some may be tempted to think that today’s announcement of WandaVision was foreshadowed by the Manta Lab news last month (see our reporting here), studio sources say that’s absolutely not the case. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment really had no idea that Disney Consumer Products had licensed the right to make WandaVision Steelbook packaging to Manta Lab. So when they found out about it, given the fact that they did have plans for an actual Blu-ray and 4K Steelbook release of their own, they were very surprised and more than a little panicked. Fortunately, the situation has worked out for all involved. But this is truly a case where the company’s left hand had no idea what its right hand was doing.

(actually kinda amazing there aren't more cockups like this when it comes to MegaCorps)

((also don't sleep on the UHDs being UHD-100s as that should mean outstanding picture quality))

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I finally got around to finishing season 3. I've been busy. Sue me! I really don't get the hate personally. It was just as good as the other seasons as far as I'm concerned. A lot of people complained that this season lost focus but it seemed just as focused as ever to me. The show has always been about the journey and I think that this season has done that perfectly as the theme of the season was obviously about retaking Mandalore. While I do think there were some curious choices, I loved it all.

Edited by poweranimals
  • Like 4

So, I binged Seasons 1-3 and The Book of Boba Fett...

So - I love this show,  The weakest season for me was Season 2, around the Boba Fett stuff...which then became a disaster in his Book of Boba Fett show...

But seasons 1, half of 2, and 3 - great!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the dad/kid relationship...and I love how every season is progressing.  Plot is moving, we're seeing more overall Star Wars plot set up.  It's just a win.

I still love Andor a little more, but if I want uplifting, I'm watching this...if I want depressing, I'm watching Andor...

• Like 1