Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

Oh FFS, people need to let go of "voice actor must play live action character". They are voice actors they are not actors who also do voice work, they are trained only for voice work. So it was a given that she'd be played by a not-voice-actress and fans got whom they always wanted (and frankly, unlike many fan castings, this is on the money). 

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Oh FFS, people need to let go of "voice actor must play live action character". They are voice actors they are not actors who also do voice work, they are trained only for voice work. So it was a given that she'd be played by a not-voice-actress and fans got whom they always wanted (and frankly, unlike many fan castings, this is on the money). 

The live-action Agent Kallus debate would become awkward

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

Season 2 wrapped filming before the coronavirus lockdowns started, so I presume we'll see more and more rumors about cast and crew come out.

FWIW,  Deadline has 'confirmed' the Ahsoka rumor and also added that it's not going to be a series regular part.  Prob one or two episodes max.  I presume the same here for Jamie Lee Curtis.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

Season 2 wrapped filming before the coronavirus lockdowns started, so I presume we'll see more and more rumors about cast and crew come out.

FWIW,  Deadline has 'confirmed' the Ahsoka rumor and also added that it's not going to be a series regular part.  Prob one or two episodes max.  I presume the same here for Jamie Lee Curtis.

I feel like if Ahsoka appears then Sabine has to show up, especially since she is a Mando. Also the Darksaber connection.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

The main problem I have with the MSW Jamie Lee Curtis rumor is that it is exceedingly thin:

hate to run a rumor at this time but we’re in such a place right now that I think it is more important we grapple with the rumor rather than having it 100% confirmed. But this rumor seems extremely likely and I’m moving forward with it in hopes I can draw out more information one way or the other. So I’m prefacing this as a rumor for now. If it is wrong, it is wrong. But I have my reasons to think it really may not be. I usually source things more heavily than this one but today I think we need this more than the monotony of being inside.

For a few days during the filming of Star Wars: The Mandalorian’s second season I had Jamie Lee Curtis at the location for the filming of the show. If I’m wrong, I’m guessing she’s involved in Avatar 2 as it is in the same general location as well. One day around the set and I can see Curtis having been there for a set visit. But there were multiple times she was around and I think she has a role in the series. I reached out to sources for confirmation and at the moment, and I can’t get total confirmation of it because of the current climate of the world if you know what I mean. I reached out to Curtis and I didn’t get a response back.

Even by MSW standards, that's really thin.  He even says he's posting it as a way to 'fish out' more info on it.

It'd be fantastic to see here in any role.  But kinda want more than "was on set for a few days".

• Like 2

Just now, Porthos said:

But kinda want more than "was on set for a few days".

Be right back.  Gonna start a rumor that JLC was on set visiting Rian Johnson and that this proves that Rian is indeed gonna direct an episode of S2. :ph34r:

• Like 1

First episode of The Mando doc is up in NZ, like Clone Wars I think this is time zone specific. 32 mins, so these are going to be about as long as the episodes of Mando were themselves which is awesome, hopefully full of interesting info.

One downside by the looks is it still only HD 5.1, none of the 4K, HDR, Atmos bells and whistles unfortunately. 

Spoiler

Avatar: The Last Airbender getting a shoutout is fucking great, Dave does say Anime weird though. 

Holy shit they didn’t 

Spoiler

They just acknowledged the 2003 Clone Wars series, put it on Disney+ you cowards!

Edited by Jamiem

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Beware of spoilers in the wild, folks.

(no idea what this is about and I don't want to know, either)

Whoever is doing this sounds incredibly dumb. Why would you risk your career/reputation just to give out spoilers, and, if you're going to do so, why the hell would you do so publicly?

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 7:06 AM, Jamiem said:

First episode of The Mando doc is up in NZ, like Clone Wars I think this is time zone specific. 32 mins, so these are going to be about as long as the episodes of Mando were themselves which is awesome, hopefully full of interesting info.

Spoiler

I always laugh when I hear Filoni talk about how he got his start at Lucasfilm.  The strangest bit really is the sitdown interview with George Lucas. A job interview that wasn't. Sure Dave had already gone through two rounds of (presumably) more traditional interviews.  But to just be in a meeting where someone is flipping through your portfolio, doesn't ask any questions about what you're planning on doing, and then just launches into lore dumping and concluding the interview?

Just goes to show that Lucas never really left his indie/auteur roots totally behind as that was not at all how I imagine most hiring gigs would go for more corporate based entertainment brands.

And even finding out you got hired after you walked out the door into the waiting room.  Well, George really is a different cat in many ways.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Menor said:

Whoever is doing this sounds incredibly dumb. Why would you risk your career/reputation just to give out spoilers, and, if you're going to do so, why the hell would you do so publicly?

it's not a terrible spoiler, only guest appearances, one that was already announced in all media. It isn't a plot spoiler.