Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

On 2/13/2021 at 11:14 AM, terrestrial said:

see how the children of illegals are still missing, the whole disgusting separation idea, he was way more right about the comparison than her, as there is an actual overlap in the methods.

Beside you seem to have missed other themes she hurt and angered others about, there is a difference between falling for lies and actively mocking others.

In the sum I feel like you might have missed quiet a few of the details that were the ‘more than others’ did.

BTW, ‘nice’ prejudicial try to shift the responsibility, see ‘

considered before hiring an ex mma fighter who used to beat people up for a living’. Do you earnestly belief all ex martial arts fighters and similar are thinking / spreading right-wing nonsense, and/or are mocking eg transgender, or are mocking mask wearers or are such whiners they have to cry per outrageous comparisons to real victims instead of taking the music for the own acts?

(again feel reminded about Jessie)

No he was not more right, he didn't even use a photo from America, it was a photo of Palestinian children which was cropped to look like a prison. He literally posted false misleading information so you cannot ridicule one and not the other, its just hypocritical and proves my original point that it's political. Atleast hers was just a comment, he actually cited a lie.

I don't get why you need to be so biased. Atleast pretend to see the flaws in both. Also people really need to stop labelling things they dont like as left or right wing nonsense, it doesn't make anyone's opinion more credible, just cringe actually, especially when half of western society is right wing. 

• Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

don't get why you need to be so biased. Atleast pretend to see the flaws in both

interesting conclusion

A hint, I think there is not one human on earth who is without serious flaws, that includes myself.

So, just for the fun of it,

1. one wrongly cited photo is the same as someone who spread different themes in a disgusting way over a longer time,...

2. its not the photo what it was about, its the real situation, the children are still missing, the parents still have not gotten them back, not even an idea where their children are. Not even their lawyers, nor a lot of the government officials (those that actually try to find out)

= and that is the difference, what he criticized it did happen, no matter which photos someone used as a stock photo (here in a newspaper someone used an US location stockphoto to describe a situation, no one misunderstood it as something else, no idea and o interest to find out about the photo‘s origin you mentioned, that‘s social media and news of today, sadly), what she did was all around disgusting at best.

3. Its like to try to find with a microscope to find ‚something‘ , a speck of dust vs a house-sized pile of crap, that seems to me being biased to be honest, being too biased to see the difference between the little impact like a presentation detail commenting about what is injustice done to in a way ~ his people, and several different themes details piling up to a judgement about how a person actively wronged others included.

4. Continued misconduct leading to consequences, why is there even a try to deflect it by another‘s person wrongly chosen picture? Why even adding another person?

Again, the fixation on details taken out of proportion reminds me strongly about Jessie.

Edited by terrestrial

On 2/13/2021 at 5:08 AM, Chicago said:

Let's be real here, the woman was clearly referring to the small minority of people hounding her with threats and wishing she would catch covid.  Granted she is a celebrity who should be able to ignore the comments section but she's also a known hot head, probably something Disney should have considered before hiring an ex mma fighter who used to beat people up for a living into their liberal/family franchise. This is the same company that happily introduced Bill Blur into the cast who has a history of sexist comments passed off as comedy but its not done in easily accessible tweets. Disney fire (or rehire) people based on public reaction rather than the subject, as seen with James Gunn.

Pedro Fascal, the shows star also made the comparison to Trumps policies with concentration camps. No-body cared, no-one was called anti semitic for the exaggeration. Nazi comparisons have been nothing new this past 5 years  Even if people see her comment as an over simplified stretch, I dont think it's accurate for me to be seeing 'anti semitic' plastered on my news feeds which is also a stretch. Is it a stupid comment to tweet when you work for Disney? Sure. Was it a racist tweet? No.

As for the anti mask and voter fraud, i wouldn't know, I haven't seen them though wouldn't this comes down to stupidity and believing a misleading government? something many people in your country is guilty of. Is it really lying if they genuinely believe it? Do you ladies and gentleman not ever consider that you are just more intelligent than these people?  Again she was an mma fighter and without sounding rude, they aren't usually the brightest tools in the shed. I personally don't believe it should be celebrated that she has lost her career for being stupid. Maybe i just rationalise things differently, say if someone I knew said something stupid like that to me, I wouldn't ring their boss and try and get them fired. I'd rather try and talk sense into them than ruin their lives.

I don't think her latest tweet was anti-semitic, but rather just really dumb. However, if it was just that tweet, I doubt she would have been fired. For me, I stopped having much sympathy after her "rigged election" posts. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

They're not wrong you know, Finn having his own Disney+ show could be amazing!

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-finn-force-jedi-comic-disney-plus-series/

At this point, I’d be surprised if any of the Sequel Trilogy characters got their own Disney+ show. Outside of maybe Kelly Marie Tran, the actors seem to just be done with Star Wars. 

I never understood where anyone got the idea from that Finn was supposed to be a Jedi or take on Kylo Ren alongside Rey. Nothing in TFA even indicated anything like that. Everything connected to the force happened exclusively to Rey. She was the clear cut protagonist, Kylo Ren the antagonist. Finn was a co-star, and that's what he was throughout the trilogy. He wasn't cast aside, he didn't drop from Rey's level to a lesser one, mostly because he never was on her level in terms of being the main star. He was what Han and Leia where in the OT, important characters, but not the main hero who challenges the antagonist. That was Luke's role in the OT, and Rey's role in the ST.

There is exactly one connection of him to the Jedi, and that was one of the trailers having a shot of him holding a lightsaber. But showing something in a trailer has never meant anything, and it certainly doesn't mean that TFA tried to portray him as a possible Jedi, it never even hinted at it.

And what exactly is "Following Finn's story after Episode IX would be the first time since The Force Awakens that creators would move the timeline forward rather than back." even supposed to mean? All the ST-movies moved the timeline forward, so how exactly would such a show be the first time doing that since TFA?

It gets even weirder than that. The author talks about an ideal starting point between VIII and IX, and then suddenly moves to post IX. Now which one is it?

And how is a character underutilized, when there hasn't been a ton of new stuff since he was last seen?

Since then, there has been only one season of The Mandalorian, that's basically it. Basically all movie-characters have not been utilized since IX came out. This isn't a case like Lando, where new movies and projects happened and he was the ony major characters who wasn't involved.

The whole article is just all over the place.

I don't think having Finn in a tv-show would do much at this point. First of, John Boyega would need to be interested in that, and it didn't really sound that way. Things can obviously change in the future, but it doesn't seem like something that would come into play in the near future. Then there is the topic of possible movies in the future. They might not want to define what happens to a character when doing that could limit the story they might want to tell in movies in the future.

Which isn't to say that they couldn't create a show that enhances characters the way The Clone Wars enhanced prequel characters. But I doubt that something like this would be a) live-action, and b) a continuation of the story instead of something that fills gaps.

Edited by George Parr

Rewatched Season 1 Episode 3 and in retrospect, that one is definitely up there with the S1 finale and S2E7 as one of the truly great episodes of the show. It does a great job showcasing just what Mandalorians are all about for the new viewer, and Din's choice to save Grogu, while predictable, was still very compelling. Even his little head tilts and motions showed just how conflicted he was. The arrival of the Mandalorians at the end is still one of the greatest moments in the show. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 3

I watched the Mandalorian last week. This series was filmed incredibly beautifully. All combat scenes are well-designed. The nature and sunsets are simply stunning. You can admire the nature of the entire series, all the frames are simply gorgeous, and very realistic. The series has a very cool plot, it is interesting and exciting to watch. You can never predict the next moment. There are so many elements of surprise.

• Like 3

Mando S3 shoot is apparently underway.  Backs up reporting from KRT which has said the same.

Although there is this later on:

Curious.

This means that Andor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and some form of The Mandalorian are all simultaneously shooting right now.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Mando S3 shoot is apparently underway.  Backs up reporting from KRT which has said the same.

Although there is this later on:

Curious.

This means that Andor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and some form of The Mandalorian are all simultaneously shooting right now.

I'm puzzled...why would there be "some form of Mandalorian" instead of a Season 3 that would be hugely popular? But I didn't see Season 2 yet, maybe why.

21 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I'm puzzled...why would there be "some form of Mandalorian" instead of a Season 3 that would be hugely popular? But I didn't see Season 2 yet, maybe why.

Ever since the title of the Boba Fett show was announced (The Book of Boba Fett) combined with the chapter naming system of The Mandalorian, I've been thinking that LFL might be taking this whole "book" concept a bit more literally than it initially seemed.

Since you haven't seen S2 yet, I won't go fully into my reasons, but I could see some sort of resetting of The Mandalorian going forward to be a new chapter of a new "book".

Furthermore, Jordan did say this later on:

Let's say The Book of Boba Fett continues the chapter numbering theme "Chapter 1: The Foo (Fighters)".  If so, then when the story gets to be Mando-centric again, it could start over with a new chapter numbering system, or follow on the chapters laid out from TBoBF.  Or pick up the chapter numbers from S2.

Hard to say, really, given the obsession with secrecy that LFL has nowadays.

All I think is safe to say is that more Mando content is coming.  What form and when is more up in the air.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1