Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

10 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

HERE'S THE NEW TRAILER FOR SEASON THREE OF THE MANDALORIAN!!!

(be sure to buy tickets to Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania when you're done watching — tickets now ON SALE)

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 4

Looks pretty good to me. They're definitely making this season more of an action/adventure story than another western style plot like in the previous seasons. Since we're done with our serious political thriller Andor we can go back to our fun space western adventures in The Mandalorian. It's good for a franchise to offer variety. 

• Like 2

‘Mandalorian’ Season 3 Trailer Draws Record 83.5M Views In First 24 Hours (Exclusive) (THR)

The trailer for the third season of Lucasfilm’s The Mandalorian drew a record 83.5 million views in its first 24 hours after premiering Jan. 16 during the NFL wild card playoff game.

That’s easily the top showing for a Star Wars Disney+ series, according to Disney. The trailer debuted online after it appeared on the TV broadcast. Previously, a trailer for Star Wars series Obi Wan-Kenobi attracted roughly 58 million views.

Created by Jon Favreau, The Mandalorian launched on Disney+ in November 2019 and quickly became the streamer’s flagship series (Baby Yoda in particular became an overnight cultural icon). Season two followed in late 2020. The series has spawned multiple spinoffs, including 2022’s The Book of Boba Fett, and the upcoming Rosario Dawson-led series, Ahsoka.

According to the logline for season three, “The Mandalorian will cross paths with old allies and make new enemies as he and Grogu continue their journey together.” Pedro Pascal returns as Din Djarin/The Mandalorian, who travels the galaxy with Grogu (AKA Baby Yoda). The cast also includes Katee Sackhoff, Weathers, Amy Sedaris, Emily Swallow and Giancarlo Esposito.

Conversation about the trailer centered on such themes at seeing Din Djarin and Grogu reunited, as well as seeing Grogu use the Force.

In addition to showcasing new footage, Disney revealed the directors of season three Monday, including series alum Rick Famuyiwa, Black Panther cinematographer Rachel Morrison, Minari filmmaker Lee Isaac Chung, Mandalorian actor Carl Weathers, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse‘s Peter Ramsey and returning Mando director Bryce Dallas Howard.

Favreau once again serves as showrunner, executive producing alongside Dave Filoni, Famuyiwa, Lucasfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist and Carrie Beck co-executive produce.

The Mandalorian season three debuts March 1.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I'm a little skeptical of that number, but trailer views have become increasingly hard to parse recently anyway (Quantumania being another example). This should get very high viewership regardless. 

According to a reddit post I saw, the previous apples-to-apples comparison would be Moon Knight at 75m (Kenobi's 58m was in the article), so something to keep in mind.

Now they might be playing fast and loose and including TV viewership numbers here, but even if they're not, as you say, trailer numbers are pretty hard to parse.

FWIW, I do think the relative number to Obi-Wan Kenobi (allegedly 58m) is probably the best tell when it comes to relative interest, even if MNF viewership is cooking the books here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Porthos said:

According to a reddit post I saw, the previous apples-to-apples comparison would be Moon Knight at 75m (Kenobi's 58m was in the article), so something to keep in mind.

Now they might be playing fast and loose and including TV viewership numbers here, but even if they're not, as you say, trailer numbers are pretty hard to parse.

FWIW, I do think the relative number to Obi-Wan Kenobi (allegedly 58m) is probably the best tell when it comes to relative interest, even if MNF viewership is cooking the books here.

Yeah, if the number is legit, then the YT/Twitter/FB/Insta ratio is extremely low. Those numbers for Moon Knight and Kenobi on the other hand comport with what I remember at the time. But YouTube views seem to have dropped a lot in the past few months, so perhaps views have redistributed to platforms like TikTok or others. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 2