kayumanggi

THE ANGRY BIRDS II | Aug 16 19 | Sony

4 hours ago, JB33 said:

@TwoMisfits

Forgive me if you've already discussed it, but is this one your kids are interested in? Just asking to gauge, at least anecdotally, the interest level.

Yes...but we did watch the 1st in theater (b/c back then, my kids were into the game:)...now, they just think the preview is funny...and August is deadish...heck, July was kinda deadish for them, too:)...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Yes...but we did watch the 1st in theater (b/c back then, my kids were into the game:)...now, they just think the preview is funny...and August is deadish...heck, July was kinda deadish for them, too:)...

Seems like you have more than enough reasons to take the family. Hopefully it's decent!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JB33 said:

I love it when films like this surprise with reviews. @baumer Maybe this one goes over $80M?

1st one had a 2.81x multi. sequels usually fall below and even cars3 fell a little below cars2's multi despite being an improvement in quality.

also ab1 wasn't disliked as cars2 (few animations are...shrek3 maybe) so a big improvement over ab1's reception to match/beat the legs is not easy. some sequels manage it (aiw, mi6, wick3) but it's rare.

with 2.75x ab2 needs 29 ow to cross 80 dom. boxofficepro's forecast has it at 19 ow atm (not that this should be very accurate but gives an indication).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a2k said:

1st one had a 2.81x multi. sequels usually fall below and even cars3 fell a little below cars2's multi despite being an improvement in quality.

also ab1 wasn't disliked as cars2 (few animations are...shrek3 maybe) so a big improvement over ab1's reception to match/beat the legs is not easy. some sequels manage it (aiw, mi6, wick3) but it's rare.

with 2.75x ab2 needs 29 ow to cross 80 dom. boxofficepro's forecast has it at 19 ow atm (not that this should be very accurate but gives an indication).

ABII opens on a Wednesday, so multi comparisons will be out the window anyhow.