Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

37 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

I really don't know if it will. The numbers for all three DC movies are really consistent - ~+$120mil opening, ~+$300mil domestic ~$750mil worldwide. I've said it before, but that's a built in fanbase and one that will seemingly go to a movie because it's a "DC movie". 

That's a "hot-hand fallacy".

1 minute ago, ThatOneMechanic said:

Bourne is at 149M :sadben:

1 minute ago, Bishop54 said:

Looks like Jason Bourne is going to be taking down the Enterprise domestically.

Bourne will beat STB pretty much everywhere. :sadben:

If only STB could have matched Bourne's OS gross. 

2 minutes ago, ThatOneMechanic said:

We're on the depression phase in the 5 stages of grief it appears :sadben: 

Acceptance will come hopefully soon :sadben: 

Wait for the terrible OS numbers to come first. STB was dropping 65% in South Korea which was about 45% of the OS gross last week.

:sadben:

• Like 1

Let's take a look at the movies I was stanning for starting from May, shall we?

Neighbors 2 - disappointment

Apocalypse - disappointment

Popstar - flop

The BFG - flop

Ghostbusters - flop

Beyond - disappointment/flop

Sausage Party - actually doing fine

For every movie I've stanned for since then, it's been a 6:1 failure to success ratio :sadben: 

Do I have a curse?  Find out next time when The Girl on the Train, Morgan, Snowden, and other shit is released :) 

1 minute ago, ThatOneMechanic said:

Let's take a look at the movies I was stanning for starting from May, shall we?

Neighbors 2 - disappointment

Apocalypse - disappointment

Popstar - flop

The BFG - flop

Ghostbusters - flop

Beyond - disappointment/flop

Sausage Party - actually doing fine

For every movie I've stanned for since then, it's been a 6:1 failure to success ratio :sadben: 

Do I have a curse?  Find out next time when The Girl on the Train, Morgan, Snowden, and other shit is released :) 

Well Rogue One should be immune.....hopefully

13 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

That's a "hot-hand fallacy".

No, with a just a ~5% variance in likely average domestic totals and a ~10% variance in likely average worldwide totals among (admittedly) three data points, that's called a "consistency" and a "trend."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Next stop: :apocalypse: 

Think it's only going to end up 1-2 million ahead in the end. It's losing theaters pretty fast, a little faster than I would have liked. Still a chance it doesn't make it there.

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

Think it's only going to end up 1-2 million ahead in the end. It's losing theaters pretty fast, a little faster than I would have liked. Still a chance it doesn't make it there.

It won't lose a lot of theaters next weekend; LBO and Morgan aren't going that wide and they'll only get a screen at basically every theater.

9 minutes ago, ThatOneMechanic said:

:sadben: 

Star Trek Beyond phased to $4.7m from its 51 markets for $92.1m after opening in four new markets.

South Korea added $1.6m for a local tally of $8.1m and France recorded a $1.1m second weekend for $4m to date. It opens in Brazil and China next weekend.

• Like 1

Terrific OW for Don't Breathe, ending the Summer w/the highest note in many, many years.

Southside With You also w/a pretty good opening, and Mechanic 2 doing more than I expected (not saying much, but it did). Hands Of Stone with a rather bleh OW (SWY did more than twice w/pretty much the same amount of theaters), let's see if it doesn't embarass itself next week when it goes wide.

Hell Or High Water impressing yet again, I've heard some mumblings that it's going wide on LD so... may pop up in the top 5.

EXCELLENT hold for Suicide Squad. That's some Guardians shit, right there. Makes me kinda terrified about its potential... what if the film were actually better put together, and its money traffic were stronger from the start? It could've done monster numbers, I'm talking 400M+ potential here. But alas, what is and what could've been. WB should be happy, but at the same time, they missed giving themselves one hell of a Summer treat (as they did earlier the year w/BVS).

Bad Moms, Bourne, Pete, Pets and Kubo all w/strong holds as well. Beyond and SP decent. War Dogs whatever. Ben-Hur :rofl:.

Good weekend all around. Pretty nice surprise, actually. August this year in general has been WAAAYYYYY better than the blackhole of 2015 (save for Straight Outta Compton).

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2