Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

2 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Star Trek Beyond phased to $4.7m from its 51 markets for $92.1m after opening in four new markets.

South Korea added $1.6m for a local tally of $8.1m and France recorded a $1.1m second weekend for $4m to date. It opens in Brazil and China next weekend.

The real STB OS runs starts here. :kitschjob:

• Like 3

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

THIS IS WHERE IT BEGINS LIEUTENANT 

THIS IS WHERE THE FRONTIER PUSHES BACK

A possible chance STB will be the #1 grossing film WW next week.

The only week it does so. :sadben:

1 hour ago, DAR said:

I don't think I saw one ad for DB but regardless that number is very impressive.

This shows your age actually (not saying this in a bad way at all). The marketing for Don't Breathe was more than 50% digital using all available social media platforms and very little traditional media like TV spots. I caught a lot of ads on Hulu of all places.

18 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

No, with a just a ~5% variance in likely average domestic totals and a ~10% variance in likely average worldwide totals among (admittedly) three data points, that's called a "consistency" and a "trend."

That's why it's a hot-hand fallacy because ultimately you expect that consistency and trend to continue into future movies ... and there isn't any guarantee of that regardless of what has already taken place. Many people assumed Batman v Superman would gross a billion dollars simply because the last two Batman movies before did so on their own. Didn't happen though and that's because they're other factors involved that we don't and can't account for.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Funny thing, even if it manages 100M in China, it might end below Legend of Tarzan WW.

Kind of an example of how when so many analysts have been preaching for ages that a movie is going to be one of the biggest bombs of the year, they will call it one of the biggest bombs of the year no matter what. I mean, that movie had too big of a budget, but the money it's going to lose (or make) when all is said and done is probably chump change for WB, not the hundreds of millions some were expecting.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Funny thing, even if it manages 100M in China, it might end below Legend of Tarzan WW.

Is there a market that Tarzan is missing? With STB still having Mexico, Brazil, and Japan remaining and some other small markets, will probably get around 110-115m with the existing holdover markets and 100m from China would put it ahead of Tarzan's current gross

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Kind of an example of how when so many analysts have been preaching for ages that a movie is going to be one of the biggest bombs of the year, they will call it one of the biggest bombs of the year no matter what. I mean, that movie had too big of a budget, but the money it's going to lose (or make) when all is said and done is probably chump change for WB, not the hundreds of millions some were expecting.

I wonder how many "Tarzan is the biggest bomb of summer. Will lead to a 100M write-down" articles were trashed by the trades.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

SUICIDE SQUAD scored another $19.6M overseas this weekend, $353M total. UK ($40M) BRZ ($31M) MEX ($25) RUS ($24M) OZ ($23M)

Will likely do at least 30M+ in existing markets, 30M more domestic to get to 310-315M, and Japan will add its regular 10M+. Looking at a 390-405M OS, 310-315M domestic for a 700-720M final total.

Both Deadpool and Suicide Squad will most likely end in the 700M+ range without China which is crazy for those IPs.

• Like 6