newbie BO buff

2017 Worldwide Blockbuster - 500 mil and up

1 hour ago, Olive said:

Whatever, Fuck Illumination.

Well, fuck Illumination-haters, then. Pixar-fanboy. <_<

Their problem.

Not attacking you or anything but the fact still remains: Illumination-animated movies are still very profitable. Not caring is one thing....but to say "Fuck you" to an animated studio.....that's just self-biased, dude.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

3 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Good or bad, it doesn't matter. The blockbusters makes the big grosses either way.

No way in hell, that you can force people to stay away from Illumination-movies as possible. They have their audiences....deal with it. That's how it is.

I give little to no crap about what you think about that animation studio.

Even Bluesky & Dreamworks has their audiences.

You're crazy. YOU asked his opinion about these movies and then you say that "gives no crap about his opinion"? LMFAO. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

You're crazy. YOU asked his opinion about these movies and then you say that "gives no crap about his opinion"? LMFAO. 

Yeah, but he treats his opinions as facts. That's what i think.

As for you.......i know who you are. You're that guy who comments to me whenever i say something inappropriate. And i didn't mention you to come and tell me stuff. Coming from a guy who said CA: CW wasn't gonna hit $1B WW.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

2 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah, but he treats his opinions as facts. That's what i think.

As for you.......i know who you are. You're that guy who comments to me whenever i say something inappropriate. And i didn't mention you to come and tell me stuff. Coming from a guy who said CA: CW wasn't gonna hit $1B WW.

Who said they are facts?

I was just express my opinion, I hate Illumination and probably won't change.

I think their recent movies are trash, I didn't force you to agree with me.

Don't take these online conversation too serious, buddy.

I watched Minions with my friend who's a Illumination fanboy, even though I hated that movie too much, yet I and him are still good friends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olive said:

Who said they are facts?

I was just express my opinion, I hate Illumination and probably won't change.

I think their recent movies are trash, I didn't force you to agree with me.

Don't take these online conversation too serious, buddy.

I watched Minions with my friend who's a Illumination fanboy, even though I hated that movie too much, yet I and him are still good friends.

Oh..... :mellow: Sorry about that. :sadben:

I was probably feeling a bit suspicious about your taste on their movies.....but again, like you said, it's just opinions. But can you please next time, keep them as opinions and to yourself, just so there won't be an animation forum war here. I don't like having an argument for wrong reasons.

No hard feelings. ^_^

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Can't we like both Pixar and Illumination?

Depends on each movie, I guess. :)

Minions was largely pointless. 

But The Good Dinosaur was also pretty disappointing, once we got past the insane environment animation.

Especially coming directly after Inside Out which was trademark-Pixar-genius.

For now, Illumination seems to have mastered the "why didn't everybody else think of that" / "it's so simple it's impossible to fail" concept.

With lower budgets to boot.

Singing contest with cute talking animals? Voiced by famous stars? With a budget of 75 million? How could that fail? :P

• Like 2

7 hours ago, newbie BO buff said:

Depends on each movie, I guess. :)

Minions was largely pointless. 

But The Good Dinosaur was also pretty disappointing, once we got past the insane environment animation.

Especially coming directly after Inside Out which was trademark-Pixar-genius.

For now, Illumination seems to have mastered the "why didn't everybody else think of that" / "it's so simple it's impossible to fail" concept.

With lower budgets to boot.

Singing contest with cute talking animals? Voiced by famous stars? With a budget of 75 million? How could that fail? :P

I mean, personally I prefer Pixar, their movies are better and not to mention their good movies outweigh the mediocre ones, and Illumination, imo, has only 2 good movies: DM1, and SLOP, 2 Mediocre movies: DM2, and Minions, and 2 Bad Movies: Hop, and The Lorax. It was just how the thread changed from 2017 WW blockbuster into Pixar V Illumination.

9 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Not really. Even Pixar's most mediocre stuff still better than almost everything made by Illumination. :ph34r: 

I'm not saying they are equal in terms of quality, one is better than the other, 

Spoiler

Pixar, obviously 

but what I am saying is it's okay to like both.

• Like 1

I think they're just making different movies with different targets. If Illumination makes a movie we can expect to laugh. If Pixar makes a movie we have to expect that it makes us thinking.

I like Illumination - but in a different way. Illumination is easy entertainment. When I saw Minions I often laughed. But that's it. With SLOP it's the same, it's a better movie though.

It's very hard to compare Pixar and Illumination because they are so different. Pixar is often more recognizable. But there are other Studios that make good movies too. Which studio you like more is probably up to your age or emotional state. If Illumination would make movies that are just bad it wouldn't make that much profit. It only shows that they have many fans - which are not all stupid ;)

(People in this forum seem to love discussions :ph34r:)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Aristis said:

I think they're just making different movies with different targets. If Illumination makes a movie we can expect to laugh. If Pixar makes a movie we have to expect that it makes us thinking.

I like Illumination - but in a different way. Illumination is easy entertainment. When I saw Minions I often laughed. But that's it. With SLOP it's the same, it's a better movie though.

It's very hard to compare Pixar and Illumination because they are so different. Pixar is often more recognizable. But there are other Studios that make good movies too. Which studio you like more is probably up to your age or emotional state. If Illumination would make movies that are just bad it wouldn't make that much profit. It only shows that they have many fans - which are not all stupid ;)

(People in this forum seem to love discussions :ph34r:)

Isn't it the reason why we're all here anyway? :P 

At least to me, the problem with Illumination movies is not that they're just trying to be funny, you can perfectly make a funny movie WITH a good story behind it, look at Inside Out, for example, I laughed more while watching this movie than watching any Illumination movie, and it didn't stop the movie from having: A amazing plot, well developted characters, complex themes, now you look at Minnions for example, a 1h30 movie that only think in create the most possible number of gags to make the public laugh, it don't have any plot, it's basically a festival of gags (most of them are not even funny), just because you're investing in the humor, it doesn't means that you can forget about the rest, that's why I'm not into that Illumination style, but I respect who likes these movies, everyone has different tastes, don't? :) 

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Isn't it the reason why we're all here anyway? :P 

At least to me, the problem with Illumination movies is not that they're just trying to be funny, you can perfectly make a funny movie WITH a good story behind it, look at Inside Out, for example, I laughed more while watching this movie than watching any Illumination movie, and it didn't stop the movie from having: A amazing plot, well developted characters, complex themes, now you look at Minnions for example, a 1h30 movie that only think in create the most possible number of gags to make the public laugh, it don't have any plot, it's basically a festival of gags (most of them are not even funny), just because you're investing in the humor, it doesn't means that you can forget about the rest, that's why I'm not into that Illumination style, but I respect who likes these movies, everyone has different tastes, don't? :) 

Im meant discussions that aren't those which the thread title promises. But you're right a forum is a place to discuss :)

And your right, movies can be funny and have a good plot - I do like that more. And there is a reason why I saw Minions once.

And as I said Pixar movies are more recognizable and - in common - I like them more. But, who knows, maybe there is humor in those movies not everybody can relate to. Or maybe Illumination hasn't such competent filmmakers as Pixar has.

They have both the right to exist because there are people who love those movies. Maybe Olive said enough to end this discussion: It's okay to hate them and it's okay to love them. It's just opinions. :)

• Like 2

On ‎2016‎-‎08‎-‎29 at 10:15 AM, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

My top 10 predictions WW:

1. Star Wars EP8 = $1.7B WW

2. Fast & Furious 8 = $1.3B WW

3. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 = $1.175B WW

4. Despicable Me 3 = $1.135B WW

5. Beauty and the Beast = $1.060B WW

6. War for the Planet of the Apes = $1.035B WW

7. Transformers 5 = $975M WW

8. Pirates 5 = $965M WW

9. Spiderman: Homecoming = $950M WW

10. Justice League = $910M WW

The rest that could get between the $500-800M WW:

Wonder Woman, Thor 3, Lego Batman, Kong: Skull Island, etc.

Fuck it, i'll do siome certain changes.

Top 10 predictions WW right now:

1. Star Wars EP8 = $1.6B WW

5. War for the Planet of the Apes = $1.075B WW

6. Beauty and the Beast (2017) = $1.060B WW

7. Spiderman: Homecoming = $1.045B WW

8. Transformers 5 = $975M WW

9. Pirates 5 = $965M WW

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

9. Pirates 5 = $965M WW

Wow, SEVEN one billioners? That's brave!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

9. Pirates 5 = $965M WW

This seems reasonable to me, although, I'm expecting both Pirates and Transformers to go below $800m and Wonder Woman to go above. 

On 08/09/2016 at 1:15 AM, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

9. Pirates 5 = $965M WW

Those in bold: not likely to reach that high.