kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Sometime tomorrow, Pets overtakes Inside Out. Looking at the OW thread for Pets, there were way too many people saying it would do below 300M @NuTella Lover of Sky Beams or would end even lower than Zootopia @WrathOfHan or would never come near Inside Out's final gross.

I don't think many people had Pets on their radar with Baumer being an exception.

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Sometime tomorrow, Pets overtakes Inside Out. Looking at the OW thread for Pets, there were way too many people saying it would do below 300M @NuTella Lover of Sky Beams or would end even lower than Zootopia @WrathOfHan or would never come near Inside Out's final gross.

Hey, mourning the death of cinema itself can cloud your judgement.

• Like 4

Nerve selling tickets for 5$ this weekend

Lionsgate is pushing its YA film Nerve back into 600 theaters this weekend to take advantage of the Labor Day holiday when kids are out of school. The film was released July 27 and became a hit among its core audience of young girls. It since has collected $36.9M stateside and $47.6M worldwide. The company has partnered with mobile ticketing service Atom Tickets to offer the film at a cut rate of $5 when tickets are purchased through the app.

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
- (6) Pete’s Dragon Walt Disney $725,015 +12% 3,244 $223   $57,751,939 21
- (5) Kubo and the Two Strings Focus Features $692,344 +7% 3,279 $211   $27,861,436 14
- (7) Bad Moms STX Entertainment $639,020 +7% 2,565 $249   $97,787,194 35
- (10) Jason Bourne Universal $460,610 +6% 2,445 $188   $151,170,655 35
- (12) The Secret Life of Pets Universal $405,445 +6% 2,091 $194   $355,007,490 56
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The lack of any major competition (and double features with Kubo) helped its late run significantly. Could do $4.5-$5 million over the 4-day and finish with $370 million DOM 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Oh, it was on my radar. And I think on lots of people's.

I don't think any animated features are on your radar, if I remember correctly.

Not sure what you're getting at but good you had it on yours.

• Like 1