filmlover

Top 10 of 2016

We're now 2/3 of the way through 2016 and didn't see an ongoing thread for our top 10 of the year so, here it is!

As September 4:

1. Love & Friendship (A)

2. Hell or High Water (A-)

3. Zootopia (A-)

4. Eye in the Sky (A-)

5. Finding Dory (A-)

6. The Jungle Book (A-)

7. Deadpool (B+)

8. The Nice Guys (B+)

9. 10 Cloverfield Lane (B+)

10. Sausage Party (B+)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

???

Dude, it's this one, and you've posted in it multiple times:

That thread is just for grading and updating with the latest movies you've seen from the respective year. This is where we compile our Top 10 for the respective year (and yes, for updating as we go along).

1. The Witch

2. Sausage Party

3. Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping

4. Captain America: Civil War

5. Kubo and the Two Strings

6. Deadpool

7. 10 Cloverfield Lane

8. Zootopia

9. Finding Dory

10. The Jungle Book

Honorable Mentions: Star Trek Beyond, The Shallows, Kung fu Panda 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, Lights Out

7 minutes ago, The Pumpkin Spiced Panda said:

Yeah... People post their top 10s, 5s, whatever on that thread.  I just don't really see the point of this when people were already doing it in the other thread.

Most people just use that thread for grading every movie they've seen in the year. This is for actual Best ranking (I couldn't rank every movie I've seen this year because it gets really hazy going past B+).

But it also can be used for discussing best performances (FYI: Kate Beckinsale in Love & Frienship is still the best performance of the year to date and it sucks that she won't get an Oscar nom), etc.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Most people just use that thread for grading every movie they've seen in the year. This is for actual Best ranking (I couldn't rank every movie I've seen this year because it gets really hazy going past B+).

But it also can be used for discussing best performances (FYI: Kate Beckinsale in Love & Frienship is still the best performance of the year to date and it sucks that she won't get an Oscar nom), etc.

Again, people use that thread in a variety of ways.  Some do an entire ranking (which includes a top 10), others (like me) organize them because I don't make a top 10 until the years over.  

I mean it's whatever, I just don't really see the point in these being two separate threads.