kayumanggi

LOVE, SIMON | 03.16.18 | Fox | trailer on page 1

7 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Can this cross 100 mil DOM?

I think it can, yes. Though @EmpireCity said it is too mediocre to pull it off; so who knows. Personally, I think that if his reaction is less positive than the overall GA's, it could have a smaller scale Wonder/Fault In Our Stars-like appeal.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I think it can, yes. Though @EmpireCity said it is too mediocre to pull it off; so who knows. Personally, I think that if his reaction is less positive than the overall GA's, it could have a smaller scale Wonder/Fault In Our Stars-like appeal.

That's just his opinion. I doubt Fox would be hosting multiple screenings for this across the country up to two months before opening if they weren't very confident in it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That's just his opinion. I doubt Fox would be hosting multiple screenings for this across the country up to two months before opening if they weren't very confident in it.

They're doing that because a mainstream gay romantic film is still a tough sell so they need any WOM they can get to build in advance. I'm sure their expectations for it aren't any higher than the 60-70 range DOM. 

The movie is tracking not even in the teens for an opening.  It is going to need like an 8x multiplier to hit $100m if that holds.  

How much do you think this is making opening weekend?  It needs $30m+ realistically and not a single tracking metric has it anywhere near there.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I would imagine sometime those decision are tracking base, for a movie like IT for example those very late embargo, not many screening in advance was because they had nothing to gain, could be a you never know and have nothing to loose situation for this also.

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

The movie is tracking not even in the teens for an opening.  It is going to need like an 8x multiplier to hit $100m if that holds.  

How much do you think this is making opening weekend?  It needs $30m+ realistically and not a single tracking metric has it anywhere near there.  

Yes, this movie's going to do less than $13m.

My ass it will.