kayumanggi

LOVE, SIMON | 03.16.18 | Fox | trailer on page 1

23 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Saw this with my girlfriend, she almost cried at the ending in the Ferris wheel, everyone in the theater was into this flick. With the word of mouth its getting in general, it should end up having great legs, maybe $100M+ DOM?

If it had really great legs it could reach something like 40M.

EXCELLENT Interview with Greg Berlanti: 4 Things You Need To Know about "Love, Simon"

It ends with:

Fox tested Love, Simon for audiences, as it does all of its movies. And during the LA screening, the kids "cheered when the happy moment happens at the end," Berlanti said, avoiding spoilers. But would the same moment play in, say, Kansas, the filmmakers and studio wondered? So they took it to Olathe, Kansas, to a theater next to a church supply center. "And we got to the moment when the kiss happens — and the applause happened, and it was rapturous. And I started crying," Berlanti said, welling up from the memory. In the discussion group after, they watched a 14-year-old come out to his father. "This kid started talking about his experience," Berlanti said. "And then he ran up to all of us before we got on the van to go back, and said, 'Thank you.' This generation — as, hopefully, we were to the generation before us — they're going to be so much better in so many different, cool ways. ... It can be cloying to say, Oh, children are the answer. But it can also be the truth."

tenor.gif?itemid=5404289

As great as it would've been to have had this 10 years ago, I'm so glad that these kids have it now.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Treetanic said:

maybe they should focus on making good movies rather than trying to indoctrinate underage kids to certain opinions about sexuality.

giphy.gif

I say this though...considering all the books, films, and TV shows I grew up watching with straight couples it is a miracle I never ended up straight. Made it through all that indoctrination....weird. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Tree's a girl

No I'm a man, just went through a lot of phases where I came up with all sorts of dumb ideas about who i thought i was, when I was younger.

12 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

giphy.gif

I say this though...considering all the books, films, and TV shows I grew up watching with straight couples it is a miracle I never ended up straight. Made it through all that indoctrination....weird. 

There is no indoctrination, we are all naturally animals that mate with the opposite sex. 

4 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Hopefully it expands this upcoming weekend! Your from Iowa right?

No I live in Los Angeles now. So when I joined the forums. I was from Minnesota than moved to Iowa for 4 years than moved back to Minnesota for two years. In August 2015 to September 2017 I lived in San Diego. Starting in September 2017 I been living in LA.  I saw it Saturday. In LA going five miles can take 20 minutes.  I am tried from driving in hour traffic already. :P

I also also lived in London for months during college.  So in 9 years on the forum. I lived in two countries. Lived three states and five cities. 

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

The best legs for this might get it to $50m but this weekend will tell a lot.  If it doesn't drop sub 40% this weekend, it is dead in the water.  

Luckily this weekend's crop of openers being a bunch of movies that no one really cares about (Midnight Sun and Unsane are likely sub-$5M openers) should lead to strong holds for this and other movies that won't see massive screen cuts.

• Like 2