kayumanggi

LOVE, SIMON | 03.16.18 | Fox | trailer on page 1

26 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I can this breaking out.

Against a potential flop (Tomb Raider), Love, Simon has a chance. Not that I want Tomb Raider to flop, but if it leans aside, another film can push through. It's happened in the past and it can happen again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

That trailer almost made me cry, lol. Hard to explain but it's just so nice to see a movie like this being released theatrically. I think this is going to be big.

Well its a good thing Disney did not buy FOX years ago, Film like this would go straight to streaming or would not get the green light under Disney. 

Man, that merger has to fail, somehow.....:qotd:  for the good of variety and cinema. 

• Like 1

I don't want to go nuts quite yet, but I can easily see this doing 20/80. It's going to depend on reviews and WOM for sure but if everything falls into place I could see a run identical to Wonder, with maybe a slightly bigger opening and less legs

• Like 1

Regardless of how good it looks, and how good legs will probably be, an opening on par with TFIOS is out of the question IMO. That movie had unimaginable hype among teens, it felt like some generational event leading up to it, and I was shocked myself how low that one opened considering the massive demand for it. 

• Like 1