kayumanggi

LOVE, SIMON | 03.16.18 | Fox | trailer on page 1

2 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Love, Simon has just taken over the #1 spot in Reddit's aggregate movie ratings poll for all 2018 films. Its average score has been pretty steady since its US release, ticking up ever slightly since the Australian and UK releases. The movement from #2 to #1 is because Paddington 2 has been dropping like a rock during the past week after being ranked #1 for most of the year. You can view the rankings here https://youpoll.me/list/9/ and you can click the Poll link next to each film to submit your rating vote for that film. The poll links are also included at the top of every film's discussion thread as well.

Note: The Reddit rankings are weird to say the least. Annihilation has more total votes than Black Panther, for instance. 

I never would have expected Simon to top the list of Reddit users' favorite film of the year; but it is a nice surprise, nonetheless. Granted, there are still 8+ months to go so it may not stay there for long.

I just got Paddington 2 back to #1 after voting :ph34r: 

2 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

I just got Paddington 2 back to #1 after voting :ph34r: 

It won't stay there for long given its trajectory during the past week. The low total number of votes for it works in its favor though so there is room for growth amidst the volatility.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, YLF said:

I love this movie but damn 20 times! I only saw it 2 times. The ending is so cute, I just want to watch that on repeat a million times.

There is a small army of people who have seen it 20+ times. I have posted a few in this thread and there are others. I am guessing that number increases by 20 fold or more if you just count the number of people who have seen it 5+ times. Moviepass has almost certainly enabled this.

It's simply amazing how a $40M grosser has so many repeat viewers and by repeat, I mean more than twice. I think Amateur status for Love, Simon begins at three viewings.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

damn, this movie would have done like 15m dom without those repeat views, yikes

Lol you don’t know that. This is a small amount of people. 

I dont believe they sat through 20 showings of the same film though. 

Here is another member of the 20 times club, provided he attends the showings he purchased for the next couple of days. A couple of the showings in his video are additional tickets he bought for others for his showings. Only the showings were counted, not the extra tickets. Insane attendance of this movie is a badge of honor for some people.

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 1

I finally got a chance to watch this. Very funny. Very heartful. A great film. The theater was half full and people just loved it (specially the drama teacher and Buster Bluth). Too bad this movie didn't exist 20 years ago.

• Like 3

Agh, none of my friends wants to see this movie and I'm not secure enough to go watch this alone :ph34r:

I checked theaters around me and Love, Simon sold very few tickets. Guess that people in Vietnam are still not acceptant of LGBT

8 hours ago, bladels said:

Agh, none of my friends wants to see this movie and I'm not secure enough to go watch this alone :ph34r:

I checked theaters around me and Love, Simon sold very few tickets. Guess that people in Vietnam are still not acceptant of LGBT

Aww I hope you get to see it soon. 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Checked it’s box office and international is about $15m. Then I realised it has 21 markets left to open in.

Includes most of Europe with big ones like France, Spain, Germany. 

They're dumping it in a lot of those countries during or close to the World Cup dead zone, unfortunately.

Edited by cookie

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I wonder how much more this would've grossed with Shawn Mendes as the lead (this was going to happen; Google it). That would've given this a big OS boost

I don’t know, maybe opening day? 

He seems twitter popular but his songs usually spend miss the top 10, spend one week in the top 20 then exit the full chart here lol.