kayumanggi

LOVE, SIMON | 03.16.18 | Fox | trailer on page 1

https://deadline.com/2019/06/love-simon-ana-ortiz-star-in-disney-series-cast-inspired-by-movie-1202632002/

EXCLUSIVE: Devious Maids alumna Ana Ortiz has been tapped as a lead in the Disney + series Love, Simon, inspired by the praised 2018 movie. This marks the first casting for the the half-hour series, from This Is Us executive producers/co-showrunners Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger, who wrote the movie, and 20th Century Fox TV, part of Disney TV Studios.

While the series version, which has been greenlighted, will carry the same title as the movie, Love, Simon, it will follow a different young character, Victor. Ortiz will play Victor’s mother, Isabel.

tenor.gif

Literally the only reason I was excited for this was because I wanted to see more of Simon and Blue together. What a waste of time!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

https://deadline.com/2019/06/love-simon-ana-ortiz-star-in-disney-series-cast-inspired-by-movie-1202632002/

tenor.gif

Literally the only reason I was excited for this was because I wanted to see more of Simon and Blue together. What a waste of time!

Wait so the show's gonna share the same title as the movie but it'll be about a completely different new character? What the actual fuck? :hahaha:

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Wait so the show's gonna share the same title as the movie but it'll be about a completely different new character? What the actual fuck? :hahaha:

They've done that before with TV versions of movies

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

They've done that before with TV versions of movies

I know that but it seems silly to call the show "Love, Simon" other than for obvious cash-in purposes if Simon's nowhere to be found lol, like naming a show "Batman" and there being no Batman.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, filmlover said:

I know that but it seems silly to call the show "Love, Simon" if Simon's nowhere to be found lol, like naming a show "Batman" and there being no Batman.

Love, Simon Presents: Love, Victor

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They did this with clueless. The lead was different from the movie and tv version.

Edited by YLF

lol Love, Simon.  it's when I smoked out on my way to the theater and reported it here as an ambitious adventure to see a romcom and be as adrenaline uncomfortable as possible with the marijuana and random selection of movie.  one of the first of my edgy posts with BOT and its creators changing the relationship I had with them.  from before that I was like Derby formal and protective of my status and reputation.  after that BOT felt like a risk.  although it could have been a simulation this whole time.