Alpha

Alpha's Countdown of the TOP 100 BEST FILMS OF CAYOM 2.0 - The Countdown Begins!

Frankly, I am honored to have The Wanders #1 @Alpha. I have topped a list of yours finally :P I had a feel it would grace the list. It is a controversial film and was intended to be.

As for the demons, they were suppose to be another species of alien under the Wander's control. Never made it into the film because I forgot....

Hope that gives you some personal closure :P 

• Like 3

Okay, so I'm leaving on a plane tomorrow morning to go to Florida for a week, so to avoid any delays on the list I'll be speeding through it tonight.

THE TOP 25 BEGINS

--------------------------------------------------

@Blankments

THE HATEFUL EIGHT REDUX

@Spaghetti

HAND DRAWN HEROES

@rukaio101

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE

@Blankments

THE THIN, THE FAT AND THE FELON

@Spaghetti

SPARK

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 5

And now, the Top 10.

THE BATTLE FOR BRAZIL
by @rukaio101

The creation and distribution of Terry Gilliam’s 1985 underrated masterpiece Brazil is about as crazy as the film itself. The Battle for Brazil captures not only the tension behind-the-scenes of the movie, but it shows the power of filmmaking and valuing art over money. Studio intervention still serves as a limit on artistic vision, the same kind Gilliam battles with Universal in this semi-biopic. We see it in comic book films and even in Oscar contenders. The Battle for Brazil and the real-life conflicts displayed in it become a representation of any filmmaker’s struggle to keep their artistic vision. I feel like The Battle for Brazil should’ve won the Best Picture Oscar in Year 9, not only because it’s the best film from that year, but it’s also a powerful statement on filmmaking, even storytelling in general.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 3

THE ROAD HOME
by @The Creator

It's kinda hard to really talk about The Road Home without going on and on about how amazing it is, so I'll make it brief. Everything about this movie is perfected. It's just done gracefully and beautifully. It shares a lot of similarities with Paul Thomas Anderson's Magnolia (even though Van Sant directs, it definitely has the feel of a PTA film), a personal favorite of mine. I think it's a very emotional, beautiful picture.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 3

CINEMA STUDIES
by @Spaghetti

Cinema Studies is a personal favorite. It's a love letter to film enthusiasts. It speaks to me on a ton of personal levels that it almost feels like it's about me personally. Spaghetti never panders, and instead leaves an emotional hallmark with the film. It's masterfully written, and it allows the audience to completely connect with the characters so that when the melodrama hits later on, it actually makes you care about what's going on.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 3

by @The Creator

It's the textbook adaptation for CAYOM. Everything that makes Ray Bradbury's original novel a literary classic makes this a film classic. I couldn't think of a better director choice than Alfonso Cuaron. What he adds to this film is impeccably brilliant. Clive Owen and Gary Oldman are perfectly cast as well in their respective roles.

"Yeah, Ueka didn't fuck it up. Job well fucking done." - Numbers

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 3

DAWN OF OBLIVION
by @The Creator

Everything about this film is epic. The themes, the story, the visuals, everything. It's probably one of the most ambitious movies written in this game, especially on a concept level. Perhaps that's why I love it so much. Creator puts together a huge emotional center amidst the amazing visual effects, creating not only one of the most thematically powerful films of CAYOM, but a film whose ambitions are far too big to ignore.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 2

And thus, I disappear into the shadows called Orlando, to return once again.

(Basically, expect the Top 5 in a week. That might be a long time, but trust me, the wait will be worth it. ;) Along with that, I'll add some more descriptions to films in the Top 25 by the end of next Sunday.)

Edited by Alpha