DAJK

Weekend #s: Sully 22M, Blair Witch 9.6M, Bridget Jones 8.2M, Snowden 8M, DB 5.6M, WTBB 5.5M, Squad 4.7M

25 minutes ago, Noctis said:

There's nothing wrong with plastic surgery if you know how to do it. For example, if you remove a bump on your nose and make it a little more straight...but when you go overboard and keep doing procedures, and then filling your face with so much botox and fillers your cheeks resemble donuts, then...

There are so many bad examples (or maybe the bad ones get attention in the media and the good ones don't) that it just feels so scary. Especially for already good looking people...why would you take the risk?

The irony is that someone who thinks they are not beatufiul - which is sad in itself...everyone's beautiful, but let's say "hollywood-wise" - will never get a plastic surgery, or in a look-obsessed industry will not have the money to do so, while those who succeed and have the means to do it, don't really need to.

Edited by a2knet

Blair Witch D+ cinemascore, Less than 10 mill OW.

What the fuck happened? Tons of marketing, huge early buzz from secret launch. Cinema Score of D+, that means the people who wanted to see it were very very angry when they left the theater. I am going this afternoon just to see the trainwreck, so curious.

Edited by Lestranger

41 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, Blair Witch with a worse score than Fantastic Four ( 2015 ) on cinemascore...

Let's remember, even Fantastic Four went on to make 56 million domestic and 111 million overseas. I don't think Blair Witch will be making half of that number. Terrible performance.

Well Fantastic Four was also a blockbuster so it had way more screens where it played. Whereas Blair Witch won't recieved the same roll out. Either way I doubt Blair Witch is going to make $55M total WW. 

I seriously thought it was going to be big. I went on a mission trip so I lost Internet access for a bit and last I checked it was at 100% on RT and then I check it and it's 38% for critics and it's at 46% for audiences. Sheesh. 

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

Well Fantastic Four was also a blockbuster so it had way more screens where it played. Whereas Blair Witch won't recieved the same roll out. Either way I doubt Blair Witch is going to make $55M total WW. 

I seriously thought it was going to be big. I went on a mission trip so I lost Internet access for a bit and last I checked it was at 100% on RT and then I check it and it's 38% for critics and it's at 46% for audiences. Sheesh. 

Lol, I also remember this movie being at 100% on RT. Granted, it was only 100% based on 9 or 10 reviews, but the tomatometer drop was insane. I really thought this movie wouldn't drop that hard.

32 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

So... this Blair Witch thing has went disastrously wrong, didn't it........ as did pretty much the whole weekend..........

....Magnificent Seven predictions?

I hope it could break the September OW record, but I'm predicting $42m right now.

Next weekend should at least be interesting though. I don't know what to expect.

It has Denzel and Pratt, but it's a Western. It's a fun summer-like action movie, but reviews are mixed... Could really go either way and that's at least exciting.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Blair Witch failed Baumer said:

With a 5 mill budget Blair Witch willbe profitable after the first weekend. Doesnt change the fact that its a sad number.

But with a $20m+ marketing budget, I'd imagine it has to pass $50m or thereabouts WW just to break even.

48 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Don't Breathe is looking at a sub-30% drop this weekend despite Blair Witch opening. A sign of either really good word-of-mouth or just how little appeal Blair Witch had.

Or both.

Perhaps it's just the fact that I loved the original when I saw it about five years ago, but I thought that Blair Witch had way more potential than a measly $4 million opening day. At least in my case, the weak reviews killed my desire to see it (which I was still definitely planning on doing as late as Wednesday, by which time it became clear that the critical reception wasn't getting any kinder); I wonder how many other potential viewers might have felt the same way.

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

BW floppage doesn't surprise me. No one under 30 cares about the Blair Witch franchise and you simply can't have a horror hit without that audience. Not that bad for Bridget on the other hand considering it was never that big DOM and the last two are so old. Its OD is on par with the second one. Doing what it was made to do and cleaning up in Europe. 

Bring on next weekend and two 45m+ September OWs.

That would lead to quite the September 2016 lineup. Especially if Peregrine and Deepwater do well the following weekend. 

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

And the animation domination that is this year continues (for better or for worse) next weekend when Storks possibly beats Transylvania 2's OW. 

Storks should do $120 million+ DOM due to minimal competition. I'm starting to think Trolls might do $110-125 million DOM. Moana and Sing will both do $200 million+ DOM. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAR said:

Well the original is an F

The overall Cinemascore for The Blair Witch Project was C+. It only got an F with men aged 35 and older. Women 35 and older gave it a D-. Men and women 21-34 gave it a C+. Teenagers gave it a B.

I'm curious about the demographic breakdown of Blair Witch's D+. I wonder if the numbers are reversed this time, with teenagers hating it and older viewers who remember the original liking it more.