DAJK

Weekend #s: Sully 22M, Blair Witch 9.6M, Bridget Jones 8.2M, Snowden 8M, DB 5.6M, WTBB 5.5M, Squad 4.7M

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Its meant to be self-deprecating humor.

Yeah, I noticed that. However, I wouldn't see any fun, with director and writer both doing that to a movie, during its opening weekend. lol

I can't see Lionsgate happy with both director and writer posting that. Anyway, we probably won't get a sequel. So, they should be fine.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

On 9/17/2016 at 0:19 AM, cannastop said:

Holy shit, really? Illuminati Entertainment is going to edit history textbooks if we let them.

oh my gosh, great point seeing how I've complained in the past about how Fruitvale Station mentions the wrong Pixar movie for 2007. <_<

• Like 1

Kinda wish Sully had dropped more, but after seeing the movie, I can tell why it'd be popular with its target demo (I'm not a member of that lol). Seeing Bridget Jones in a bit and I'm pretty excited.

Next week looks really great though. Hyped to see Storks on Friday and maybe Mag7 will be good too.

From Variety

“The Disappointments Room,” Relativity Media’s first release since the studio emerged from bankruptcy protection in April, continued to flounder. After debuting last weekend to an anemic $1.4 million, it plunged 71%, eking out $400,000 and pushing its gross to $2.2 million. The horror film about a house’s haunted past stars Kate Beckinsale and cost roughly $15 million to produce. Its release was frequently delayed as Relativity’s financial problems worsened. At one point, in Chapter 11 filings, the studio estimated that “The Disappointments Room” would earn $72.6 million over its lifetime, a figure that factors in estimated home entertainment revenue along with theatrical grosses.

Its failure is unwelcome news for Relativity, which still faces questions about its longterm viability. The studio has been trying to come up with a plan to service its debts and raise more working capital. It has announced plans to remake “High Noon” and will back “Hunter Killer,” an action film with Gerard Butler. Relativity has other films hitting theaters this year, including the comedy “Masterminds” and the thriller “Kidnapped.”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

WB closed Tarzan when it made over 100,000 last weekend and didn't have a dollar theater run yet. Why are studio doing this these days 

They did the same with Central Intelligence. Giving fewer and fewer fucks. It's a bit of a shame, I always enjoyed tracking those expansions and watching movies crawl to whatever number way down in the chart, like The Jungle Book is crawling to 364m right now.