DAJK

Weekend #s: Sully 22M, Blair Witch 9.6M, Bridget Jones 8.2M, Snowden 8M, DB 5.6M, WTBB 5.5M, Squad 4.7M

13 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

SS legs have been amazing, nothing else really needs to be said considering the early drops/panic.

It is the Phantom Menace of comic book films. Audiences are supporting the concept. Basing a film on the villains of the Batman universe (The Joker better own the next movie) is a great idea, as was the Augsut release date. But the next one needs to deliver. Or it will be the Attack of the Clones of comic book films. And that's scary.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, straggler said:

It is the Phantom Menace of comic book films. Audiences are supporting the concept. Basing a film on the villains of the Batman universe (The Joker better own the next movie) is a great idea, as was the Augsut release date. But the next one needs to deliver. Or it will be the Attack of the Clones of comic book films. And that's scary.

The late legs means it did deliver.  People are obviously happy with it.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Blair Witch failed Baumer said:

Like how the late legs for the first Ninja Turtles meant people were happy with it too! They totally turned up for the sequ-

2nlzoso.jpg

Oh.

• Like 6

I never thought there was a market for Blair Witch. It wasn't going to lure me back after the bait & switch of last time. I never saw the original sequel. 

There wasn't enough of a hook to attract new horror fans that I saw.

It's bomb really shouldn't be that surprising. 

14 hours ago, Blair Witch failed Baumer said:

I don't think it necessarily means that and more likely means it was simply the last tent pole action of the summer season and has had no competition for the last 8 weeks.  

Don't get me wrong, it showed better legs than expected for sure, but I think it has more to do with lack of options.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I never thought there was a market for Blair Witch. It wasn't going to lure me back after the bait & switch of last time. I never saw the original sequel. 

There wasn't enough of a hook to attract new horror fans that I saw.

It's bomb really shouldn't be that surprising. 

Indeed. As popular as the original was back in the day, it wasn't a very well-liked movie for the most part. And the found footage angle has no hook anymore, that sub genre of film should take a decade-long sabbatical if it wants to attract audiences again.

4 hours ago, cookie said:

Like how the late legs for the first Ninja Turtles meant people were happy with it too! They totally turned up for the sequ-

2nlzoso.jpg

Oh.

Great, one post has nothing to do with the other.  At this stage of the game, cookie, I shouldn't have to explain box office to you.  But if you need me to, just say the word.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I don't think it necessarily means that and more likely means it was simply the last tent pole action of the summer season and has had no competition for the last 8 weeks.  

Don't get me wrong, it showed better legs than expected for sure, but I think it has more to do with lack of options.  

There's always options.  If people didn't like it, they would just stay away rather than spend 12 bucks on a film they thought was just ok or shit.

• Like 3