DAJK

Weekend #s: Sully 22M, Blair Witch 9.6M, Bridget Jones 8.2M, Snowden 8M, DB 5.6M, WTBB 5.5M, Squad 4.7M

• Community Manager

I guess this will kill the plan for Bridget Jones' Motherhood where she has an affair with I don't know why not George Clooney this way she moved from the guy from Grey's Anatomy to the guy from ER.

:P

seriously not surprised by any of these numbers.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

With Magnificent Seven being 64% already with just 36 reviews I wouldn't hold out any hope for it being a decent film. 

Consensus seems to be just a neutered Hateful Eight. Pointless remake ;) 

A critical consensus of  64% / 6 avg is about the definition of a "decent" film -  it's OK, it's fine, it's decent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Ugh those Bridget numbers. Now some trash outlets will never shut up about Renee destroying her career by changing her "trademark face" or some similar shit.

I like Renee and what she's done to her face is clearly a result of not being offered roles she wants once she hit 40. 

But let's not pretend that what she did to her face didn't affect her image. I think she looks better than she did a couple of years ago, but she looks beyond plastic. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Rman823 said:

Scream 3 actually didn't but I see your point. I had 4 at least matching it (unadjusted). 

I meant they all did WW. DOM, I said the 1st two (only). But alright, anyways.

EDIT: Didn't comment on this, but HOLY MOTHERFUCKER those numbers are comedic. Blair Witch under 10M? Jump off a bridge now, man.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Welp I thought Blair Witch was going to continue the trend for horror films but looks like I was wrong. I thought it would do $20M+ and make over $100M WW but that's not the case. I haven't watched it but my friend did and he told me to pass on it. Disappointing to say the least. 

14 hours ago, RichWS said:

Scream 4 might be the biggest case of "nostalgia blindness" I've seen in terms of predictions.

I still remember when tracking came out and pitted it in the low 20s, and people dissed on it and refused to believe it would go under 40. Turns out even the tracking overestimated it. The collective meltdown that followed is an all-timer.:rofl:

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nova said:

Welp I thought Blair Witch was going to continue the trend for horror films but looks like I was wrong. I thought it would do $20M+ and make over $100M WW but that's not the case. I haven't watched it but my friend did and he told me to pass on it. Disappointing to say the least. 

The Disappointments Room?