chasmmi

Chasmmi's Winter Game | In a big shock | Wrath & The old man (Tele) crash the party stealing the win from Jake Gittes.... DamienRoc crashed and burned.....

A couple questions, besides what I just asked.  Does the lego movie universe count for the universes (question 7) question.  For question 30, March 24th is after the game ends.  Finally for question 13 for Fantastic Beasts v Rogue One, I don't really understand.  Also I think I understand question 20 for the beasts rogue one thing, but can you still explain it

19 hours ago, sakskidz said:

A couple questions, besides what I just asked.  Does the lego movie universe count for the universes (question 7) question.  For question 30, March 24th is after the game ends.  Finally for question 13 for Fantastic Beasts v Rogue One, I don't really understand.  Also I think I understand question 20 for the beasts rogue one thing, but can you still explain it

Q7 no

q30. Should be feb 24 (Chas can confirm)

fb vs r1

q13 biggest opening film across both of those weekends that isn't rogue 1 or fantastic beasts. 

Q30 is very simple. :) totals my friend. 

OKAY,

So ala the Summer game. The deadline for Pre-seasons has been extended by 1 week.

HOWEVER, only people who complete preseasons and DO NOT EDIT by the original deadline can take part in the week 1 weekly questions.

SOTM1 is open to all players regardless though. 

In Addition, the final joke question in the week one weekly questions will carry 20,000 bonus points as a reward for all players that were able to get their ships in order by the time of the original deadline. 

That is all :) 

(Original Deadline will pass in about 17 or 18 hours I believe :) ) 

Some of these questions are unclear. I particularly hate the "higher or lower" structure.

Question 7: Does LEGO Batman count as one of these films? Or is it specifically Doctor Strange, Fantastic Beasts, and Rogue One?

Question 24: What constitutes a Cameo? Could you just specifically list the starring cast so we don't have to guess at this?

JJ-8's Question 4: Clarify exactly what you're asking for here. Percentage drops can be read either way.

JJ-8's Question 19: This is really confusingly worded. Considered to be main characters of what? If they aren't considered to be main characters, what does it mean that they were introduced? Is it any character who appeared or is there some minimum amount of screen presence we need to account for?

Edit: Section E "And the Winner Is". The rules state top 7 placements. The template has 10 slots for that section. Which is it? Are we supposed to pick 7 films and 3 alternates? (Because, honestly, I'm not even sure if 10 different films released during the game will qualify for those awards.)

Edited by DamienRoc

4 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

Some of these questions are unclear. I particularly hate the "higher or lower" structure.

Question 7: Does LEGO Batman count as one of these films? Or is it specifically Doctor Strange, Fantastic Beasts, and Rogue One?

Lego Batman would count yes

Question 24: What constitutes a Cameo? Could you just specifically list the starring cast so we don't have to guess at this?

The cameo bit is for the winter films, (e.g. if James McCavoy turns up in Rogue One for 5 seconds, it won't count towards the $275).

This question is essentially about the combined gross of Lawrence, Fassbender and McCavoy films this winter (unless there is a film I am forgettin, if HUgh Jackman is in La La Land or something, then this just gets much easier to answer) 

JJ-8's Question 4: Clarify exactly what you're asking for here. Percentage drops can be read either way.

Lowest percentage drop wins. SO if Rogue drops 69 and Beasts drop 74 then the answer is Rogue. 

JJ-8's Question 19: This is really confusingly worded. Considered to be main characters of what? If they aren't considered to be main characters, what does it mean that they were introduced? Is it any character who appeared or is there some minimum amount of screen presence we need to account for?

I would say any character that is instantly recognisable, be they skywalkers, droids, hairy grunting bear things. Anyone or thing that you recognise and don't have to look up. 

Edit: Section E "And the Winner Is". The rules state top 7 placements. The template has 10 slots for that section. Which is it? Are we supposed to pick 7 films and 3 alternates? (Because, honestly, I'm not even sure if 10 different films released during the game will qualify for those awards.)

It is just top 7, the 10 places on the chart is a mistake. But I won't penalise anyone who puts in 10, I will just ignore 8-10th. 

On 10/20/2016 at 7:21 AM, JJ-8 said:

Q7 no

q30. Should be feb 24 (Chas can confirm)

fb vs r1

q13 biggest opening film across both of those weekends that isn't rogue 1 or fantastic beasts. 

Q30 is very simple. :) totals my friend. 

Actually Lego Batman would count, it just isn't going to have any effect on the question ;) 

3 hours ago, chasmmi said:

The cameo bit is for the winter films, (e.g. if James McCavoy turns up in Rogue One for 5 seconds, it won't count towards the $275).

This question is essentially about the combined gross of Lawrence, Fassbender and McCavoy films this winter (unless there is a film I am forgettin, if HUgh Jackman is in La La Land or something, then this just gets much easier to answer) 

But Jackman was a cameo in Apocalypse. 

Your answer isn't really helpful. Either list the films or actors that are being counted or just delete the question because trying to guess what "starring" and "cameo" is impossible. Do Olivia Munn (Office Christmas Party) and Lucas Till (Monster Trucks) count or not? Without you being really specific, I have to abstain because I'm not psychic. 

20 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Can I do all the preseason material in an hour? Let's find out

Btw the answer is a firm no, but since the deadline has been extended i have more time to work on my charts lol

• Like 1