WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 28): Magnificent 7 35M | Storks 21.8M | Sully 13.8M | Bridget Jones 4.5M

40 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Eh, you may think so but unless you run a poll, you don't know that. I saw comments saying the exact opposite.

I think the combined star power of both will be greater than the sum of its parts, either way. I know I wouldn't have cared for this nearly as much if it was just one of them with a different counterpart.

Me either.  In fact I liked the idea of Jen with Pratt enough that I was really disappointed when Fox picked Joel Edgarton (by all accounts a great actor) to play opposite her in Red Sparrow. Just from a straight girl point of view, it will be a lot more fun to watch Pratt and Jen (who both have charisma in spades).  I knew they wouldn't exactly pick Pratt, but the point is that seeing them together makes this a much bigger draw than either alone, for most people, imho.

As to who will be 'the' draw, beyond that, I'm sure everyone will have their opinions, but there is never really going to be any way to tell.  I just want it to do really, really well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Okay, I need to see the original before watching this. Solid numbers so far.

I'm intentionally avoiding watching the original. Since I'm not a Western fan I never watched it up to now and I want to see this with fresh eyes.

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Storks got $435K in previews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No good comps unfortunately. None of the September animated movies had previews. Lego had 400k but that was only 10pm onwards. Spongebob had 560k in February, but by and large not too many preview comps for non-summer animated openings.

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

No good comps unfortunately. None of the September animated movies had previews. Lego had 400k but that was only 10pm onwards. Spongebob had 560k in February, but by and large not too many preview comps for non-summer animated openings.

Its interesting that WB opted for previews considering it's not holidays. It's difficult to see what the final OW will be just from previews but using Spongebob's multiplier would mean $46m OW which is too high, low to mid $30m would be more likely and on par with September animation 

Edited by Jonwo

34 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Okay, I need to see the original before watching this. Solid numbers so far.

Both originals. :P 

edit: never mind, I'm way late to the conversation. :lol: 

But yeah, SEVEN SAMURAI is one of the greatest movies ever. Long, but both intimate and epic.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, misafeco said:

I'm not into Japanese cinema that much, would you recommend it to me?

It's the type of film I couldn't imagine people not getting at least something out of. Even if you're not into Japanese cinema most of kurosawa's japanese contemporaries and critics accused him of trying to play more to western audiences with his films anyway.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

It's the type of film I couldn't imagine people not getting at least something out of. Even if you're not into Japanese cinema most of kurosawa's japanese contemporaries and critics accused him of trying to play more to western audiences with his films anyway.

Mifune's and Shimura's performances are awesome, I can't imagine not getting a kick out of them at the very least.