kayumanggi

PASSENGERS | 203.1 M overseas ● 303.1 M worldwide

3 minutes ago, trifle said:

@terrestrial Thank you so much!

I am still searching, but I think there will be some hours till the next details appear. In a few hours Italy should be deliver admissions and Euro, they do show already ~ the week

also Argentina, has a kind of daily possibility, I post those there, its a bit complicated:

they start a new week: first day = admissions. Second day says date from till = 2days and shows the sum of 2 days. 3rd day... till their cinema week is full.

Comparing certain dates with BOM charts of the same day gives a feel for the money made per day.

the most countries release only weekend or weekly.

South Korea finals are 15 o'clock (3 in the afternoon) Greenwhich-time, charts per KOBIZ, see link beneath

LA is 8 hours behind Greenwich, Venezuela is I think 4 hours behind Greenwich (I am 1 hour before Greenwich, means here it is nearly 3 in the morning)

When KOBIZ changes to the next day, the old day is final.

The next day is usually already nicley filled = a feel fir the next day possible

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/news/boxOffice_Daily.jsp?mode=BOXOFFICE_DAILY

• Like 1

UK about the last weekend

Passengers fell a slim 28% on its way to a $1.7m (£1.4m) third weekend.

Sony’s sci-fi romance boosted 20% on Saturday (January 7) and has now crossed the £10m mark to stand at a decent $12.8m (£10.5m).

See screendaily link in the UK thread

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Lets just say that they overestimated it a bit

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $80,909,256    45.4%
Foreign:  $97,249,022    54.6%

Worldwide:  $178,158,278

but if you go to the BOM page and click 'foreign' you see that those numbers haven't been updated since 1/1 in most countries.  It is higher than that, even if it isn't what was hoped.   It is doing well in Russia, the UK and Germany, and Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, Brazil etc.  If it bombs in China that will be a big difference in its numbers from what it could have been.  I just thought, based on what little I know, that this movie would be popular there.

7 hours ago, trifle said:

but if you go to the BOM page and click 'foreign' you see that those numbers haven't been updated since 1/1 in most countries.  It is higher than that, even if it isn't what was hoped.   It is doing well in Russia, the UK and Germany, and Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, Brazil etc.  If it bombs in China that will be a big difference in its numbers from what it could have been.  I just thought, based on what little I know, that this movie would be popular there.

But they updated the estimated number on sunday to 104 mill and now its 97 mill. I guess they overestimated it by 7 freakin million :huh:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fmpro said:

But they updated the estimated number on sunday to 104 mill and now its 97 mill. I guess they overestimated it by 7 freakin million :huh:

You mean BOM because I do not see any evidence that this was a reported number. It is a guesstimate. Also the trades are reporting a higher number anyway so not sure there is much of a point here. :sherlock:  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Maybe they start to e.g. calculate out Puerto Rico again?

That eas at dom weekend thread to read, I think it was about Passengers. You can find the posts in context, if clicking on the arrow on the right upper cozner of the quotes, in case you do not know (or a later reader)

7 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

BOM does not add up those Foreign totals to get their cumulative O/S total.   It merely presents them and some come in later than others since they only post when they can get actuals and full weekend or weekly charts per territory.  Look at many smaller films where O/S doesn't get reported by ComScore or the Studio and those foreign totals are never completely added up and some don't even have a reported O/S even if they've made 10s of millions.

You can see on top of the Foreign chart where they present the O/S Total and give the date

FOREIGN TOTAL - 12/21/16  n/a $97,249,022

1/8/17

Fox also has this peculiarity, or at least they did the last time I paid attention with Dragon 2 where they report Puerto Rico as part of their O/S B.O. while also reporting it as part of domestic. So Comscore is counting it for the O/S totals as reported to them by Fox. BOM though is up to their tricks and doesn't count it twice when reporting the full WW number.

2 hours ago, Doctor RTH gone Rouge said:

Just in this example PR for Fox is Intl, it is controlled by Intl division not domestic and Intl report as such (Controlled by Lat AM), however for some reason Domestic also include  the GBO, in the Fox Intl system they  do remove PR from what they have as the domestic total, however because both divisions report media separately they get a double up. When Brandon Gray was at BOM he had started removing PR(where known) from domestic or intl  totals.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

I would guess part of the reason for the overestimate was harsh weather conditions all over Europe.

Anyway, curious now to see what it does in China. Do you think it could still reach 300m WW?

apparently presales aren't good in China.  I guess we will see. I want it to go higher. :P

speaking of China:

Edited by trifle

With presales and theater counts where they are in China it is nice to look at Passengers' performance in other countries. I do note that it seems to have an upward trend in many countries, with the second and sometimes even third weekend beating the first.  I am not sure if the structure of the Chinese market allows for expansion if word of mouth is good. According to the China thread Passengers will only be getting 27% of the theaters.

11 hours ago, trifle said:

With presales and theater counts where they are in China it is nice to look at Passengers' performance in other countries. I do note that it seems to have an upward trend in many countries, with the second and sometimes even third weekend beating the first.  I am not sure if the structure of the Chinese market allows for expansion if word of mouth is good. According to the China thread Passengers will only be getting 27% of the theaters.

That is not possible. 2 weeks later we have CNY and so all holdovers will be almost gone.

• Like 2

So it really only has two weeks in China? That would seem like a really crappy release date if true. 

According to the China thread it seems to be doing better than the pre-sales indicated, but I'm not sure it's gonna make a huge difference if it has such a truncated run there.

• Like 3